GPS Sat Nav Europe under £50 (inc p&p?) (1 Viewer)

Wortle

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
Funster No
GPS Sat Nav Europe under £50 (inc p&p?)

£49.98. MyGuide m.imove 3218

I was pleased to find this. It does say free p&p in an icon beside the item but elsewhere says p&p free for orders over 49.99 so I may have to buy some thing else.
It uses
"TurboDog navigation software, and includes 2008 maps of UK and Ireland and Western Europe by Tele Atlas, the industry's leading map provider. With high end navigation features including lane indication, 3D landmarks and in-map and text-to-speech guidance support.

Could anyone who has experience of either this hardware or the TurboDog mapping system give good points and bad points. Is it slow for example when searching the whole of Europe rather than just the UK?

Link Removed

Last edited:

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
My guess is that it is the mapping that is compromised to achieve this price. Tele Atlas were the leading mapping company for first and second generation car Sat Nav systems, but I believe that they've been long since overtaken by the likes of Tom Tom.
A current set of Tele Atlas maps for Europe (but not all of it) costs about £150. The maps on the My Guide system seem to extend about as far east as the standard offerings of 7 or 8 years ago so maybe they're suppling old versions.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
TeleAtlas have been overtaken by TomTom in the sense that TomTom owns TeleAtlas - having bought the company a year or two ago.

TeleAtlas still supply mapping products to other customers as well as TomTom. Their web site gives the impression that their products are fresh, accurate and content rich (to paraphrase their terminology) so maybe the My Guide offering is simply country restricted rather than being old versions.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back