Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
I have got an expensive Garmin and it dated v. quickly is the Lidl type any good[Becker traffic assist PRO 7916] prebloaded maps for Europe. Can these be updated reasonably . Anybody know about this sort of kit?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are no reviews on the web for that product, but some of our members are big fans of Lidls so you might get lucky with a recommendation. Can you not download new software and maps for your old Garmin?

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Garmin Maps

Yesterday, I was having a conversation with someone that had purchased a Garmin and was not happy with it and then exchanged it for a Tom Tom.
I was told that there are only 2 map suppliers and Garmin use one and Tom Tom use the other.
I was also told that the Tom Tom is more up to date with new roads.
I have no idea if this is correct but just thought I would add it!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have a Garmin Nuvi, you get one free map update then you have to buy them, not sure how much as I have just bought the European maps at £70 which was the latest version fot the UK also. I am sure if you are just doing an UK update it is cheaper.

OP
OP
dikyenfo

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
There are no reviews on the web for that product, but some of our members are big fans of Lidls so you might get lucky with a recommendation. Can you not download new software and maps for your old Garmin?

Haveupdated 3 times but the software is not good compared with later models and the disc is only capable of some of the total download so all suggestions are valuable esp. the Nuvi Garmin type.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I have a Garmin Nuvi, you get one free map update then you have to buy them, not sure how much as I have just bought the European maps at £70 which was the latest version fot the UK also. I am sure if you are just doing an UK update it is cheaper.

:Cool: Our latest European Map update was £1.99 from a cheap shop. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You're lucky. No free map updates with Tom Tom.

Jill bought me my Tom Tom Go 300 almost 2 years ago as a Christmas present. We were most surprised to find that it did not have the new section of the A1 near Ferrybridge which had opened some time before.

Last year I bought a map upgrade and that section is still not right. I haven't bought this year's map upgrade because I don't trust it to be anywhere near up to date.

The way prices of some models are going it will soon be cheaper to buy a new unit than a map upgrade so I'm going to bide my time.

Graham

B

baloothebear

Deleted User
TomTom is a total joke when it comes to their Euro maps. TomTom say that they go to street level: All I can say, is that in one place I was this year it didn't even name the main drag
And as for their updates: They're a joke as well
The sooner that all vehicles come as standard with GPS the better. Until then we are going to be stuck with whatever rubbish the major players think they can get away with

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back