Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
An issue with the Gower is that has spectacular scenery & beaches & most of what we've seen of it doesn't seem wilding territory, quite possibly places exist but most spaces adjacent to the beaches are owned by farmers & campsite owners with varying charges for access / usage.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's really easy to wild in West Wales but not in holiday season. In my experience most of the "No Camping" signs are not enforced at all between Late September and about now!

Amroth.png

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
We are sociable people but bought a sc MoHo so we could find thouse "personal spots" :)
Far away from the madding crowds (y)

If the weather over the weekend is as it is now here, which is very hot & sunny, the Gower will be packed out, so madding crowds will be everywhere i.m.o.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Have a wee browse on Google Earth for a little place called "Mill Wood" its very quiet & off the beaten track. My other half (Hazel) lived on Gower so we know quite a few of the little nooks n crannies. The road into Mill Wood is a bit steep from the north side but not impossible. For food we'd go to see Hazels friend Kim at the King Arthur Hotel.

Ask @Wild Bill about Cefn Bryn on the way towards Reynoldston at the top near Arthur's Stone. I think I'm right in saying that Bill stayed there last year.

Hope this helps...Robert.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Reactions: LAM

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Thanks for that - sounds like a plan - will he let you stay overnight in the car park?

I'm not too sure if Kim would allow overnight parking, but it'd cost nothing to ask her.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Bury port harbour is lovely £7 per night but parking right on the beach...it will be busy this weekend though. Pembrey is also good. I think you can park outside the park and cycle in.

The Gower will be rammed but you could probably find somewhere particularly if you arrive late and leave early.

It's a wonderful part of the world and I'm lucky to live here.
IMG_1433.JPG

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thanks for the replies (y)

We are pretty loose as far as plans go, providingbim heading in the general direction of the Welsh coast I'll be happy :)

It's more about getting away and using the MoHo as she was intended to be used :D

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
You could try Cefn Bryn as has been mentioned at least 3or 4 there most nights or there is a pull in between the village of Penclawdd and Crofty which is right on the sea front high tide this weekend with views across the estuary it is on the side of the main road but it is used quite often.

Richard

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Not heard that one

Might see you around we are heading that way Monday.

Thanks for that - sounds like a plan - will he let you stay overnight in the car park?
She may do, but phone the pub and ask just in case because if there is a wedding or something busy on it will probably be a no.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Bury port harbour is lovely £7 per night but parking right on the beach...it will be busy this weekend though. Pembrey is also good. I think you can park outside the park and cycle in.

The Gower will be rammed but you could probably find somewhere particularly if you arrive late and leave early.

It's a wonderful part of the world and I'm lucky to live here.
View attachment 165048
Bury Port......I would recognize it anywhere.....lol.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Not what I'd call wilding but you can park overnight on the front in Meumbles.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
The gower , too busy, you can keep it during the holiday period you need space and it's not in west wales .

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You can try the Greyhound Pub on the Gower. Got a nice big car park. We had a really nice meal. We were stuck for somewhere to stop so went and asked if we could use the Car Park. Don't leave it late as the car park gets busy.

You can also park as others do at the NT Car Park ..

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Not what I'd call wilding but you can park overnight on the front in Meumbles.

Did have a look thanks and it was heaving as expected.
Did consider staying at the head of mumbles last night but signs said no camping and didn't want to upset the locals. Also SWMBO Gets twitchy if it says no stopping.
Ended up doing a Brit stop just up the road at The Beaufort Arms. If required they have ehu, dump and water

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back