Gourette( Pyrenees) aire in winter, skiing (1 Viewer)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Hoping to stop en route to spain early jan to try the planks on again.
Any comments, info, about the aire and skiing at Gourette?
Also is col du pourtalet open over winter, we are in 7.3m A class van with chains but would stay put rather than use them if there is a choice!.

In past have stopped at Piau Engalay and used Biesla tunnel but fancied a change. Aire at Piau Engalay is on levelish car park 50 meters from piste, about 16 euro per 24 hrs inc 6? Amp electric.

OP
OP
S

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Stopped at Gourette yesterday. The aire is below the village but there is a free bubble lift up to the village. The snow was not good but they had one run open from mid level down.
Above there were suffcient runs open for me all day.
2 small supermarkets in village plus ski hire, restaurants.
At the aire , its 20 euro per night with elec, 15e without. Toilet block had hot showers and dish wash plus toilet empty. As snow was poor only 3 vans so not crowded.
Cafe restaurant on site.
Access road not bad, as usual a bit skinny in places. Busses do use it so we can too!

For me the skiing was fine and I would return.
Negative is the aire doesnt get sun.
Its possible to book, when I rang it was not required, school hols would be different.

Today we headed up to the col du somport and had an afternoon ski at Astun.
Huge parking next to the slopes. Bit of a slope but ok for an afternoon. Will do this again at Astun on way through. No official aire here, but parked tonight in Candanchu ski car park.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back