Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
well we're back from the goth weekend and don geordiana of the geordie mafi must have had a canny talk to god the other neet. Saturday was a lovely sunny day and seeing all them bonnie lads and lasses walking roond whitby like the waking deed was a sight to see. This morning was a little bit wet but cheyne and paul had the cadaks gannin and the bacon buties were lovely and seeing we was on hardstaning we had ne need for one of them tractor things. And all for seven poond a neet.well done cheyne and leeane.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
WOW
What a fantastic weekend in Whitby.
A fun ( non muddy :winky:) time was had by all.
Lots of us got Gothed up and were a sight for sore eyes I can tell you . Im sure there will be photos to follow. We forgot our camera:cry:
After a fine selection of food Saturday lunch time , on the Jacobs table , lots of us paraded into Whitby town .
We were acosted by various people and paparazzi .
"Over here madam , sir ."
" Can we have a group photo please." etc .
I think we all got into it , though most of us had had a wee tipple , or 3 which helped us relax a bit. The rain stayed away , and the sun even managed to come out for us.

After walking up the 199 steps to the Abbey , we posed for even more pics by grave stones and church steps Men with cameras on tripods asking you to stand / sit here and there , was really weird .
We all walked back down the steps and went to back to the pub again , before deciding on going to a curry house.

I think the staff were rather surprised to see 19 funsters in all their Gothic finery sitting down to eat together at a very long table:roflmto:
We even called into a Goth nightclub on the way back to the rally site.:whatthe:
Ralph and I stayed on for a couple of hours with Callum and his lovely daughter Rae where we were welcomed by the true Goths and New romantics and the odd transvestite ::bigsmile: .
I actually think they thought we were part of the scene .:Cool:
Amazing how friendly everyone was. Best thing is they played lots of 80's dance and New Romantic music and we all knew it. So we were singing and dancing about like regulars:ROFLMAO:

I must admit it was nice to get my corset off after 11 hours though. Slipping into my tracksuit when joining the rest of the bunch back up on the rally , for some left over Jacobs table and fun chatter.

Sunday morning Bacon butties cooked by Cheynne , Paul and Leanne went down beautifully , as the rain returned and bucketed it down outside .
All in all a great weekend , good company as ever . We met some new people and put more faces to names .
Thanks to the marshal's for finding such a fantastic spot . So handy and dry for Whitby town centre.
I just wish we could have got it for November Goth weekend too .
I wonder if we could gazump the PTA woman who's booked it already ??

Thanks to everyone who helped the weekend in anyway, and see you all at Misterton in a couple of weeks time.
:thumb:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Well, what a weekend!!
Thanks to everyone for making us so welcome, being newbies we were a bit apprehensive but we were made to feel really welcome, thankyou all.
The site was perfect, no mud to worry about even a lovely bit of astroturf to make us feel like we were in a rally field!
We have hopefully made some new friends and enjoyed every second of the weekend.
A special thanks to Cheyne and Leanne and Paul. Great weekend and we cant wait to come back.

Mark & Evelyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, once again a great meet...

Thank you Cheynne Leanne and Paul, superb job and thank you for the extra security in ensuing we had lots of bobbies patrolling our area!!!
We were approx 30-50 yards away from a crime scene and surrounded by TV film crews galore. Didn't realise it was going to be such a popular meet!

Was going to say how lovely the weather was, but thought peeps may think we are taking the Pi$$, so I won't mention how it was mostly dry and sunny with just the occassional rain fall. No that would be far too unfair:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lovely to meet up with friends old and new, very nice to see several new faces with us, and hope to see you all again soon. Oh and thank you to Pam & Nigel (i think) for the games on Saturday night!

Looking forward to the next one.

Andrea & Jeff

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Sunshine in Whitby

jhwrjr.jpg

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Bloody hell , what have I done to make that so big!!!! Said the actress to the bishop!!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just to reiterate what's been said already a belting weekend. good company, good snap and even better crack:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We're not sure what it is, but Whitby has a magnetising appeal and a great atmosphere. The' ruby' murray was top banana as well.

Thanks once Cheyne, Paul, Leanne, Pamala & Nigel.

INCRIMINATIG PICS TO FOLLOW - LOOK OUT FOR WHITBY GOTH PICS FOLDER:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Another great Whitby Goth meet
Great to meet old friends and newbies
Thanks to Cheyne, Leanne & Paul and also Nigel & Pamala for the games and bacon butties.
It is good to be on hardstanding and not a muddy field like last November, I have been checking out some sites for November Goth weekend so keep 2nd to 4th November free folks, will let you know when sorted:thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Just a taster of April Goth weekend 2012
can we have an album Jim to put them all in, thanks

Attachments

• Goth whit y 2012 April 011 (640x480).jpg
    Goth whit y 2012 April 011 (640x480).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 40
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
whitby-goths

Hi thanks for the welcome to all that was there

abforfun:Cool::thumb:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
intresting goths

thanks for the weekend my shelf Lynn and jay had fun and met sum interesting Goths :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:thanks

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Just like to add our thanks to Cheyne and the crew for organising the weekend!
Had a great time, met some great people in a great place. What more could we ask for? :Smile:

Excellent effort from those who got 'Gothed up' we really must try and join in, next time!

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
What a Great Weekend...

As said already, what a great weekend, great location, great folks.....

It was my daughter Rachael's first time away in the motorhome with me, and she had an absolutely fabulous time.

Special big thanks to Cheyne, and to Leanne & Paul as well Nigel & Pamela, and everyone there, who helped to make it a weekend to remember. It was great to meet so many people and put faces to names, and just have a super time.
We especially enjoyed the curry on Saturday night then going "clubbing" with Ralph & Bev hanging out with all the Goths, getting into the music and the scene. Took me back a few years it has to be said....... :Blush: ::bigsmile:

Also thanks to Don Geordiana of the Geordie Mafia for sorting the weather out for us.... the Don did good...:thumb:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi guys

Was too tired last night to post.

What a fantastic weekend, thanks pamela and nigel, would have still been there till midnight if you hadnt helped us out.

Thanks to everyone who helped support Ben with the cakes, he made a whopping £49, its a fantastic help and much appreciated.... :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Was great to meet up with friends and some fantastic new people, thanks Rachel for the gothic tips, hope u can join us again for the next meet...Also thanks to Evelyn for doing my hair and Andy for make up...oh and val for the loan of the coat. Just thankyou to everyone for making the weekend so much fun, Even the sun shone on us

Cant wait for the november meet, im looking for my outfit already...and pauls who regrets getting dressed up after all

take care

Leanne xxx

ps Bev was still laughing this morning will message you my number xx

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Ive actually been dreading one photo coming out .
Remember me standing / posing ( :Blush: ) with Bob ( weekenders ) up on the old shell like carved stone right up next to the abbey ?
( I now know as a crypt:Doh: )

Well , theres been complaints from the vicar last year of Goths been asked to pose by photographers on the graves.
Seemingly the paps were told not to encourage any draping about , on the old grave stones this year , and it had been disregarded. By lots of Goths.

I never even thought about it , i just did it when asked. :whatthe:

Ive had visions of a picture being posted somewhere , or even in the local paper , or worse when i saw some Goths we saw in the Sun from the weekend :cry: asking if anyone knew who the disrespectful , old enough to know better couple were !
So when it comes to posting all the pictures , dont post that one on here Val ( canopus ) in case google find it. :Blush:
And sorry to anyone who may have been offended by it too.

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Ive actually been dreading one photo coming out .
Remember me standing / posing ( :Blush: ) with Bob ( weekenders ) up on the old shell like carved stone right up next to the abbey ?
( I now know as a crypt:Doh: )

Well , theres been complaints from the vicar last year of Goths been asked to pose by photographers on the graves.
Seemingly the paps were told not to encourage any draping about , on the old grave stones this year , and it had been disregarded. By lots of Goths.

I never even thought about it , i just did it when asked. :whatthe:

Ive had visions of a picture being posted somewhere , or even in the local paper , or worse when i saw some Goths we saw in the Sun from the weekend :cry: asking if anyone knew who the disrespectful , old enough to know better couple were !
So when it comes to posting all the pictures , dont post that one on here Val ( canopus ) in case google find it. :Blush:
And sorry to anyone who may have been offended by it too.

Send it round in private messages though!!!!:winky:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Just got near the computer for the first time since getting back from Whitby. Been helping our nephew move, serves me right for having a box trailer and Land Rover !

We would like to add our thanks to Cheyne, Pamela, Nigel and everyone who helped to make two newbies weekend one to remember. THANK YOU.
We will be going to more in the future. :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just got near the computer for the first time since getting back from Whitby. Been helping our nephew move, serves me right for having a box trailer and Land Rover !

We would like to add our thanks to Cheyne, Pamela, Nigel and everyone who helped to make two newbies weekend one to remember. THANK YOU.
We will be going to more in the future. :thumb:

Have you seen the pictures yet located in Rally Photos?
Located on the left hand side of the main page::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Seconded , fantastic pictures.
I shall be bringing my memory stick to Misterton , thats for sure. Thanks for taking them.
Looking forward to the next Goth weekend in November , now we've dressed up once there will be no stopping us !!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back