Gothic Weekend Rally - Whitby (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
It's still saying Adria Coachbuilt 670SK on the left..........tut tut tut,

Sorted, if I aint busy enough trying to get my hiar sorted for the goth meet Im keeping other funsters happy!!!!:roflmto:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We shall be setting off around 3.30pm . Its grim and grey over here .
Hope its brighter in Whitby , but if it isnt we are packed for all weathers.
Looking forward to meeting a few more people and eating a nice big portion of Magpies fish n chips mmmmm:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Just seen the weather for tomorrow over Whitby, there is this silly wet looking cloud hanging over us.....
Best would be to bring bread tray mats if you have them as surface is a little slippy...

Wow what fantastic views from this site on top of a hill.....

Can not wait until Saturday.
See you tomorrow

Or----at least----a tow rope ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Nigel & Pamala

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hope the weathers a little better there than here at home its absolutely pi$$ing it down
ahh well the joys of motorhoming all year round.

managed to get off work so hopefully we will be there a little earlier than predicted.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Its absolutely hoying it down here Andy. Laid in bed in waiting for it to ease off so I can take dog out. There are two fields - the top or first field is the best bet to pitch on, as some got stuck on lower field yesterday, after Wendesday nights rain. Bring your wellies, brollies and any other aid for getting off wet grass. B****ard weather:Angry:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
its not the getting off the wet grass pitch thats the problem its getting to the pitch im more bothered about:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I get the strangest messages "Movan" has just phoned as said to me to let anyone know who is walking into Whitby to make sure they go to the Loo first else it will cost you 40p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: only passing the message on :Blush:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
40p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recommend that no one leans on a lamp post or wall....you might find it wet........

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I get the strangest messages "Movan" has just phoned as said to me to let anyone know who is walking into Whitby to make sure they go to the Loo first else it will cost you 40p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: only passing the message on :Blush:
"40P" !!!!!! they must be taking the P*zz ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

That's at the loos near the railway station I think. Last time we went the loos near the lifeboat museum (bottom of the Khyber Pass) were still free.

Hope you all have a great time. We were hoping to visit for the day but other circumstances have prevented us.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
yosser thats nice of smudger to lend you his key hope you didnt [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] borrow it whilst he wasn't looking:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all you can always use the supermarket loos ::bigsmile:
We were hoping to have called in to say hello by now :Smile: but the best laid plans went tits up at 7 am this morning :Doh:Was walking the dog with 6 yr old grandson when he decided he wanted to race (about 30 yrds :ROFLMAO:)He cut across the front of me and I knocked him down (18 st verses 4 st)I managed to grab him preventing the big hurt but hurt his pride more than him :ROFLMAO:Then he decides he wants to go home to his mum rather than Whitby :Angry: I made him help me empty the van and dropped him off home :Smile: We are now having a relaxing day at home minus one grandson but about £100 plus richer ::bigsmile:
terry

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi guys I was also out with my grandson this morning but I deliberately tripped him as he started to run so that he would need a plaster and a cuddle so that I wouldn't have to go out in this bleedin' weather.

Hope you all have a great time, Yosser, make a copy of that key while you've got it and I trust Smudger isn't bursting for a pee whilst you have it......not that you'd care........much.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I hope you all are having a good time up there :thumb:

Is this a record 13000 + views on this post

Peter

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Val and bob got us out dressed up and off in to whitby i must admit its the first time the meet iv been on where the marshals have paid for the fish and chips then off for a few pints what a lovely after noon we had thanks val and bob:thumb::thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well I can only reiterate what Martin said. Me and Lynda are all gothed out. Seen some right sights for sore eyes:Eeek: - photos to follow:Eeek:

Val & Rob looked the dogs doodahs and many photographers were stopping them and asking them to pose. They looked so convincing that a hearse actually stopped and gave em both a lift down into the town:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Having a great meet despite the squelchy conditions. We have been promised mixed mud wrestling as an appetizer before the bacon sarnies tomorrow morning.

Brill first rally as organisers Val & Bob - put us down for next year. Thanks also to Cheyne & Lynne. Cheyne has been constantly busy sorting folks out and kept the home fires burning :thumb:

Lynda & Ken + Jess the Terrierist

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well I can only reiterate what Martin said. Me and Lynda are all gothed out. Seen some right sights for sore eyes:Eeek: - photos to follow:Eeek:

Val & Rob looked the dogs doodahs and many photographers were stopping them and asking them to pose. They looked so convincing that a hearse actually stopped and gave em both a lift down into the town:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Having a great meet despite the squelchy conditions. We have been promised mixed mud wrestling as an appetizer before the bacon sarnies tomorrow morning.

Brill first rally as organisers Val & Bob - put us down for next year. Thanks also to Cheyne & Lynne. Cheyne has been constantly busy sorting folks out and kept the home fires burning :thumb:

Lynda & Ken + Jess the Terrierist

Hi everyone at Whitby, hope you having fun, where are the pics, please.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
well, really not sure which thread to reply on....

Val & Bob for a first meet you have done us all proud, :thumb: was a fab weekend, def put us down for next year and we'll start saving up the cardboard for the ground. :ROFLMAO: Think from here on in it should be known as Whitonbury with all that mud. BUt hey never stopped us all from having a great time. Lovely to put more faces to names :winky: and to meet up with the usual reprobates!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you should be really pleased with your efforts, and also thanks to shane for keeping us warm (and choked - lol) of an evening, along with the music.

and bacon butties to die for

loved it & well done guys xx

love n hugs
Andy & Jeff
xx

BigdotDave

Free Member
Feb 14, 2012
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just re-started
::bigsmile:riving2:
I was thinking about arranging a rally for the Goth weekend which this year is 4th - 6th November.
We stayed at this site which is just 1 mile out of Whitby and is a nice walk into town, or a bike ride or maybe a taxi ride, the site is Broadings Farm, Guisborough Road, Whitby, North Yorkshire YO21 1TL. Tel 01947 601542

I have spoke to David tonight and he has a rally field which could accomodate quite a few motorhomes, @ £7 per night. Generators I am sure will be allowed.(will check)
The Rally field has clean water, waste water and elsan point, no other facilities are available to the rally field

He also has a tent field and a hard standing field with electric but he cannot let us have the electric hardstanding for a rally.
He has got some other people interested in a rally so could be quite a lot of people on site

If you have never been to Whitby for goth weekend you don't know what your missing, it's a great atmosphere with people dressed up in their costumes in the day and by night, the Abbey has entertainment on in the evening as well, and aso have the best fish & chips around.

If interested in the meet please let me know and will arrange with the owner.
Thanks
Bob & Val

Sure, we'll make a motorhome let us know the where, when's and hows and all things being = , see you there.

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
i'm sure this was the meet we had in 2011 it is not for this year i don't think

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Sure, we'll make a motorhome let us know the where, when's and hows and all things being = , see you there.
Hi bigdotdave, this meet took place last November, we are looking for another site for this November, as soon as we do will let everyone know of venue

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Could you please REMOVE damondunc and kadgerlot from the list of attendees please.

We are tying goth weekend in with another holiday.
Thanks

Will catch up with you later

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i am well confused is this a old post or is it a resurrected post form 2011 or is it abut 2013 ore any date in between 2011 to 2013 god i just confused my shelf more beer whisky fags :wooo::wooo::wooo::Wacko::Wacko:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I can see problems in the future for any meet that is repeated year on year
It only takes one person to bring an old thread back to the top

Maybe Jim could put some time limit own posts to be archived or even deleted
Longridge seams to generate interest this year. It will be a real pain if next year this years posts get mixed in

:Eeek::Eeek: it's hard to sort things as is never mind having a mixed up posts to deal with :cry::cry:

I'm not that sure I won't get it all wrong :Eek!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back