GOT TO CANCEL THE TRIP TO SPAIN FOR WINTER !! (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear your plans have been dashed by the unexpected and unwelcome medical condition. But glad the scan went well. Hopefully the time will pass reasonably quickly until you can get back behind the wheel.

Nonetheless, a heck of a bummer having to cancel your trip to Spain. Good that you can get to Fuerteventura though - hopefully some consolation.

As already mentioned, your tunnel tickets are good for 12 months, so just let them know. They may want you to make an alternative booking - just pluck some dates out of the air, because you can change as often as you want. No admin fees, but you have to pay the going rate for the crossings on the dates selected. You always have to pay the extra if they cost more, but no refunds if they cost less. So perhaps worth a bit of research on the Eurotunnel website re prices and dates before getting in touch with them. But, to re-iterate, you can change as often as you like.

Good luck.

Mike

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh dear, I am sorry but as everyone else has said, you could have been driving or doing almost anything, and it could have been a lot worse. If you don't have any travel insurance, I presume you don't otherwise you could claim on it if you've lost the crossing money - it would indeed have been much worse if already abroad. After all - we only get the same free treatment with the EHIC that the locals are entitled to - and who knows what that might be, in any specific case?

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
You are in good care, its all good news so far re your scan. The time time will pass quickly and lots of people drive with the correct medication (if required). It must have been a terrible shock, hope all goes well for you. Enjoy getting your bits brown in the meantime(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Thats it !!
All off. Tunnel fare lost.
Gutted.
I had an Epileptic seizure 2 days ago and can't drive for 6 months..
No history of Epilepsy, it just came out of the blue...
So thats it folks, we shan't see you all down there in Spain this years.
The van will just be stood up the top of the garden waiting....
Have a good time all of you that are going and look after "Ianthebuilder".
Mitch. :(:(:(

Sorry tour plans have been disrupted. I have two granddaughters who suffer with epilepsy and have found the Epilepsy Society web page interesting. We support the Epilepsy Society (all of the Christmas cards we send come from them) and my son - dad of one of the girls - holds regular fundraising events.

Take a look at http://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/

Hope you will be OK to drive soon.

Dave

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What a shame. I know I would be gutted if it happened to me but like others have said the time will fly past hopefully, and your health plus the safety of other road users must come first.
You are a good decent man to stick to not driving and not flouting the law. At least you can sleep easily at night.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not knowing when you were due to travel and assuming you haven't yet cancelled the tunnel crossing, give them a ring and explain the situation, they may agree to just refund you, or give you a 'credit' for future use.

I suppose the other thing you need to think about is travel insurance too.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
[QUOTE="jenny and mitch, post: 1665610, member: 13734]On a good note, I did have a brain scan ( and there seems to be one ) and its undamaged (Some would say unused) so thats a plus point..
[/QUOTE]
:xThumb:

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just a quick update....
Thanks to the HILLDWELLER Brian, I have now altered the date of the tunnel to next September !! And it only cost us £20 because we bought the ticket via AVIOS so had to change it via them as well.. Great result and a big "thank you" to you Brian (you too MinxyGirl).
There is no "followup" treatment, just no driving for 6 months as I may never have another attack. Every time I go a little quiet, Jenny is at me in a flash bless her, it must be awful for her. I was dozing in the conservatory when it happened. Apparently I stood up and said "Oh good my headache is lifting", then opened my eyes really wide and went rigid for about 4 minutes. Jen was on to the 999 in a flash and a paramedic arrived within 45 minutes (we live in the sticks) the first thing I remember was him putting a cannula into my elbow..
Such fun, Norwich and Norfolk hospital on "Red alert", so after sitting outside in a queue of 10 ambulances made it inside 3 hours after the event.
Good job it wasn't a heart attack !!!!
Anyway, we are so very grateful to you folk who have taken the time and trouble to say a few words on here, it is a VERY uplifting thing.. Really...
We shall follow the travels of those who ARE underway out and about with great interest over the next months.. ((and look after that lovely bloke IanTheBuilder)). And ENJOY !!!!
Thanks again to you all.. xx. (y)(y)(y).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back