Got National Trust/English Heritage membership? (1 Viewer)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Do you ever use it whilst touring the UK?

Due to cancellation of our usual autumn trip, we decided to visit a few of those places we've passed commenting that we must call in to see them sometime. So combining it with a visit to the Lincoln Motorhome Show and a few days with elderly parent, we made a list of various places we could reach without a lot of travelling and which caught our eyes.

Having briefly mentioned it in another thread I was requested to post up our experiences, with some helpful info too. Through time, internet and other things, I didn't get round to it whilst we were actually away but have now had the time to write a blog covering our various visits - find it in the members blogs above, or the link below.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Love the National Trust , great food at most of the sites, free car parking if you are a member and we have even overnighted at a few over the years

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
A nice read thank you terry. Sounds like you have the same problem as me nothing at any of these places seems to have much depth of infomation though i find the audio guides are better in that respect

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Good to read, Terry & Brenda.
We WILL do the UK one year and plan to do the NT & EH membership.
Have you overnighted at many places?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Fantastic write-up with great photos and really useful information, thank you so much. Interesting and informative, and a good read. Appreciate your time in recording the detail for us all to share.
:thanks3:

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have you overnighted at many places?

None so far, none of those visited this time allowed it. But having done this trip we'll try a few more.

We've travelled a lot of Europe with the van and seen many wonderful places. But, you know, the UK is still a match for them all!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
About the only time we ever visit is when we are moving around the UK in the motorhome sad to say, haven't read the blog yet but I will with interest. On a similar subject I seem to remember a Funster starting a thread a year or more ago on parking facilities at NT sites.
Here by @ceejayt.
and the map here.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
A nice read thank you terry. Sounds like you have the same problem as me nothing at any of these places seems to have much depth of infomation though i find the audio guides are better in that respect
Her indoors always buys the Guidebook, we're getting quite a library of then now. Generally they are much more in-depth and we like to read them after our tours; sometimes manage to catch something as we're going round.

great food at most of the sites,
Yes the food is very good, especially at places they grow it themselves. We do find it a bit expensive though and tend not to indulge. We'll have the occasional ice-cream though!

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Really interesting blog, thank you for taking the time to share it.

We’ve been NT members for years, but generally only take advantage of car parking. Was saddened to read in so many of your visits that Jamie had to stay in the van - useful to know all the places we won’t bother visiting.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Very interesting, having been home for two weeks and catching up on several appointments we are not free until around 24th of this month but it has given me an idea of a similar tour to make the most of our NT membership.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just joined the New Zealand National Trust. £40 joint membership and entry to English Heritage properties as well, but I believe we have to pay for parking at some places.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Did a National Trust tour a couple of years ago a great way to find out about our past history. Only wish you could stay at more of them overnight. Have wrote to them about this but no luck yet.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What a great idea!

I have been a NT member on and off for the last 35 years but haven't visited the property just 5 miles away from home.

A lovely way to learn about history - it makes it all so much more interesting.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We've got English Heritage membership having previously had National Trust for years.
What we found out was with EH you get into NT properties half price the first year and free ever after.
We usually visit properties when on our travels. Some favourites just off the top of my head.
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cragside
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/quarry-bank
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stott-park-bobbin-mill/
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/tintagel-castle/
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/hadrians-wall/
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/farne-islands
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stonehenge
Just a few to going on with :D

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Just joined the New Zealand National Trust. £40 joint membership and entry to English Heritage properties as well, but I believe we have to pay for parking at some places.
Ask for an NT Parking sticker at the first place you visit and you should be fine.

We have the same membership and only at Chartwell were we asked to pay for Parking and they gave us the sticker for then onwards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back