Got my maxveiw dish to scared to fit it myself (1 Viewer)

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You must be using a sly digibox... only that would make the job harder due to its delayed signal meter.

yes i am mate,i put it on signal test then go for it..takes a while sometimes,can be like ARRRGGGHHHHH...so what else could i use..maybe a freeview box with the dish?iv got a brand new freeview box in the box i won it on the local radio..samm :Smile:

S

Snelly

Deleted User
By freeview, do you mean the terrestial freeview?? Cos you need an aerial for that, not a dish.

Nearly any satellite receiver is better than the sly digibox. Do you have a sly subscription at home?

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
By freeview, do you mean the terrestial freeview?? Cos you need an aerial for that, not a dish.

Nearly any satellite receiver is better than the sly digibox. Do you have a sly subscription at home?

yes i think it must be terrestrial freeview..its one you use at home with an arial...we dont have a sky sub at home..the sky box we use in the van was a spare one that was left in this house when we moved here & sky sent us a new card (no subscirtion) so we just get the free channels..which are vast i must add..so i should really buy a satellite reciever then??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

Snelly

Deleted User
yes i think it must be terrestrial freeview..its one you use at home with an arial...we dont have a sky sub at home..the sky box we use in the van was a spare one that was left in this house when we moved here & sky sent us a new card (no subscirtion) so we just get the free channels..which are vast i must add..so i should really buy a satellite reciever then??

I have a nice small receiver that I sell that would also work with your freeview card, but its whether you fancy spending some money just to save you ten minutes frustration?? You have to weigh it up.

If you were a Sly subscriber I would say "yes, go for it, buy one", but im not sure it would be worth the extra money just for freeview.

BTW, that card you bought for freeview only unscrambles channel4 and five. All the other BBC/ITV channels are free to air anyway.

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
ok thanks for the great info.....i understand a wee bit more now..i will have a word with hubby & see what he says,to be honest prob not worth it at the mo (pennies tight) but will defo change it when we are a bit more flush as i think it'll be better & can get the chairs and beer out quicker hhee hhee :roflmto: (hubby always pee's about with it as soon as we are set up,i always moan) :roflmto:
how much are these boxes anyway.....:eek: if under £100 i will prob buy one eventually..samm :winky:

S

Snelly

Deleted User
ok thanks for the great info.....i understand a wee bit more now..i will have a word with hubby & see what he says,to be honest prob not worth it at the mo (pennies tight) but will defo change it when we are a bit more flush as i think it'll be better & can get the chairs and beer out quicker hhee hhee :roflmto: (hubby always pee's about with it as soon as we are set up,i always moan) :roflmto:
how much are these boxes anyway.....:eek: if under £100 i will prob buy one eventually..samm :winky:

A wee bit more than £100 for the one im thinking of, although I will be doing a free to air box for under £100... keep an eye on my website.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
feeling a bit rough but I went tom clean my carpets today and finally found my TV remote (couldn't test the dish without telly remote it does not work ion the buttons:wub:)

Well nothing so around to the garage at 4pm and off we went again with the lad still trying to wire the dish into my old wiring on the RV.

At about 7 pm got hold of th boss and said enough is enough wire it as per manual and he did.

Finished at 9pm tonight then hours drive home.

How i hate my baby being in storage:frowny:especially as i have the space to store her but got bl**dy railway bridge stopping us getting it to the house.

Mind you we are happy with the move apart from crap GP:frowny:

BTW:- not paying for all these hours just £80.

Oh and my super clean carpets need another doing:whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back