Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Got my iBoost today from Motorhome wifi and it is a brilliant bit of kit.

We are presently parked way up above my daughters pub in Todmorden (not noted for being fore front in technology). Yesterday I had my multi directional mast up ( the type that plugs into a USB) and we could not get on wifi with any degree of success.

Today with the iBoost I have brilliant wifi with a choice, daughters pub, from two Fon scources and an openzone scource, there may even be others when I get around to investigating .

If I can get it to work anyone can and I am chuffed to bits with it

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What type?

Did you go for directional or is it omni directional?If you don't mind, what did you pay for it.

Aug 6, 2011
Chester-le-Street, UK
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640 GtRb
Exp
since 2011
We have too, just been outside in the car setting up and hey presto! Ready for the off, all we need is some good weather in France now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Note he said he was " parked way up above my daughters pub in Todmorden". Didn't say she let him in :roflmto:

ASBO still current... Plus, he is parked in the wrong car park... The good people of Todmorden changed their signs. He is actually outside a dog kennel in Düsseldorf, just dont tell him,

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Got my iBoost today from Motorhome wifi and it is a brilliant bit of kit.

Interesting. I was helping a FUNster with a competing model and I said to the the supplier who described it as "Simple to use", "It's as user friendly as Genghis Khan with a bad hangover".

To sniff out a WiFi hub we had to go to a browser, enter 192.168.2.1, then select WiFi Config from a menu, then tell it it was to be "Client Router" which it was before. Then do a Scan. Then pick a WiFi hub. Then click save. Then wait 70 seconds while it re-flashed the router firmware.

Is yours are horrendous as this ?

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Brian I am a typical Luddite and I found it simple to do----yes OK I had to go through the instructions methodically first time but after that it was simple, unless of course I am getting better with keeping, Lynda says not

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I have the iBoost Omni Directional, a bit more money, but what I wanted.

It is a genuine plug and play and so easy to use.

I am on the campsite WiFi, running two Sky boxes, Macbook, iPhone and iPad plus my neighbour runs his own Chromebook. Oh and my partner runs her Samsung phone and tablet too, not all at the same time obviously but you could if you wanted.

Others claim that the camp WiFi is very poor, not for me it 'aint, thanks to my iBoost.

Money very well spent.

:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian I am a typical Luddite and I found it simple to do----yes OK I had to go through the instructions methodically first time but after that it was simple

In my opinion, after initial setup which may need instructions it should be One Click, look at Hubs, click the one you want and done. Two clicks !!

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
In my opinion, after initial setup which may need instructions it should be One Click, look at Hubs, click the one you want and done. Two clicks !!

Brian where has your sense of achievement gone:roflmto::roflmto:

It must be easy if I can do it and it certainly performs well enough to be worth the effort

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have one also and have had amazing results from it in various places.

It is very very simple to use..

I have only 1 gripe about it. It doesn't remember passwords from previous visits so if I am in one place and set up. I go to another place for the weekend and setup there. When I get back to the first place it doesn't automatically pick up the previously used hotspot and I have to reenter the password again. Not a major issue but every other device I have remembers previous ones...

That said well worth the money.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I have one and find its a waste of time , picks up loads of BT for / WiFi locks on to then then looses the signal so you have to start again
Picks up site WiFi OK but as I have BT open zone I want to be able to connect for free
Good job I have a 3g signal most of the time

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have the iBoost Omni Directional, a bit more money, but what I wanted.

It is a genuine plug and play and so easy to use.

I am on the campsite WiFi, running two [HI]Sky boxes[/HI], Macbook, iPhone and iPad plus my neighbour runs his own Chromebook. Oh and my partner runs her Samsung phone and tablet too, not all at the same time obviously but you could if you wanted.

Others claim that the camp WiFi is very poor, not for me it 'aint, thanks to my iBoost.

Money very well spent.

How do you run a sky box off wifi?

I thought it was a satellite thing, but I am a bit backward with technology.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Course they do. that is because some bugger is hogging all the bandwidth. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's all those who are watching UK TV on the internet since it went off Freesat, that is hitting the Bandwith at the moment.:winky:
My 2 SKY boxes run off around 1 megabit a week or less. It does mean though, that I can do without Internet TV.:thumb:

Who needs BBC and ITV anyway?:Angry:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
How do you run a sky box off wifi?

I thought it was a satellite thing, but I am a bit backward with technology.

Without going into too much detail the Video and Audio comes via the sat dish but a little bit of "magic" via the internet means I can watch all the channels received.:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Without going into too much detail the Video and Audio comes via the sat dish but a little bit of "magic" via the internet means I can watch all the channels received.:thumb:

I see that you are in Spain - I understand now:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back