Got a 'Three' Feel at Home Sim Card? Try this. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We have a Three Feel at Home Sim Card in our 'pebble'. (12 Gb for 12 months £30)

We took it to France when the Sim had used about 7Gb. When we returned to the UK it had about 11.8Gb use.

On arriving here at Bagwell, (Good Rally BTW) we have resumed the use of the Internet. using the Sim Card.

The thing is, we have gone way over the 12GB limit and the Sim continues to work????

I have a feeling that when we used it in France, for some reason, the usage has not been registered and so it continues to work. (Although it is recorded on the 192 No. where you can see the usage)

So, just as an experiment, if you have this SIM, stop using it before it reaches the limit and then reuse it when you get back to Blighty. You might be lucky like us.

Just saying.(y)(y)(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a Three Feel at Home Sim Card in our 'pebble'. (12 Gb for 12 months £30)

We took it to France when the Sim had used about 7Gb. When we returned to the UK it had about 11.8Gb use.

On arriving here at Bagwell, (Good Rally BTW) we have resumed the use of the Internet. using the Sim Card.

The thing is, we have gone way over the 12GB limit and the Sim continues to work????

I have a feeling that when we used it in France, for some reason, the usage has not been registered and so it continues to work. (Although it is recorded on the 192 No. where you can see the usage)

So, just as an experiment, if you have this SIM, stop using it before it reaches the limit and then reuse it when you get back to Blighty. You might be lucky like us.

Just saying.(y)(y)(y)
You have probably tempted fate now:(

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am sure that you have checked, but did you give any credit or debit card details when you bought the sim? Could it possibly be charging you for the extra usage?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It's being used in the UK. I bought a stand alone 12Gb.
I can't see how they can charge me on this.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have you registered an account with Three? If you have you can check your remaining data on the card online. I've got one of the 12Gb cards and my Three account reflects the usage I've had in Europe so I don't understand how you seem to have endless data. :)

Might be worth checking if it is automatically topping up.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Two possibilities:
1. You have auto-top up. Check your account in MyThree
2. It sometimes takes a little time for data / call useage to be "charged" back to 3 (or any home operator) - sometimes days.

Back in the good old days when I was working in the Middle East (Saudi / UAE and Qatar), it'd sometimes take weeks to be charged back. If luck was in the right direction, the client would pay before the mobile bill would come in (y)

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
2. It sometimes takes a little time for data / call useage to be "charged" back to 3 (or any home operator) - sometimes days.
Maybe with calls.
Not with data all data gets routed to your APN (Access Point Name) that is device with two legs one into the mobile industry's intra-net and one into the Internet. It was always said that its most important job is to count the bytes transfered and send the numbers to the billing system.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Two possibilities:

Back in the good old days when I was working in the Middle East (Saudi / UAE and Qatar), it'd sometimes take weeks to be charged back. If luck was in the right direction, the client would pay before the mobile bill would come in (y)
With these data cards, you don't have an an online account you just pay for the card from Argos or wherever with cash if you want and stick it in your device and it works without three knowing who has it or any way of getting into your card account.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
But you can subsequently sign-up, so the OP does need to check he did not inadvertently do this. Cheaper, of course, to buy another SIM and you have to wonder why 3 price their products in this way.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am sure that you have checked, but did you give any credit or debit card details when you bought the sim? Could it possibly be charging you for the extra usage?

Thing is though Jim, although I had messages via the Dashboard for the MIFI itself relating to that sim, I've not had any charges actually made to any accounts, credit cards etc so haven't a clue whether I'll be charged or not!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Two possibilities:

Thank you for the above.
Internet allowances (Megabytes*) (1)
Internet allowances (Megabytes*)
Valid until Remaining
Starter Top-up* Expires 24/03/17 2304
Total mobile broadband Remaining (MB) 2304

And, according to the usage on 192 I've used 12.57Gb

Question from a non geek. How much is left. I assume 2304 Mbs. How much, in relation to the 12.57 is that?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
That's good.

Buy a 12Gb card and get about 15. Thats the kind of deal I like.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just an update on this one.

According to the 192 number on my Sim Card I have used 13.41 Gb as I write.
The MyThree website shows that I have 1.441Gb left on the Sim.

So there you have it. 14.85Gb for the price of 12(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back