got a fixed bed and need a new mattress (1 Viewer)

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
We have just purchased a replacement mattress for home. Decided to try a foam one. Its got 9 inches of high density foam with 3 inches of memory foam on top, all delivered for £149.

A few years ago we purchased a mattress and it was over £600 so was not expecting a lot. However it arrived within 24 hours and is so comfortable I am well impressed. How it will stand up to time only time and use will tell.

It might well be superb in a motorhome as I imagine it would be quite easy to trim it to shape. They do all sorts of sizes and thicknesses

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bed-world?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We have just purchased a replacement mattress for home. Decided to try a foam one. Its got 9 inches of high density foam with 3 inches of memory foam on top, all delivered for £149.

A few years ago we purchased a mattress and it was over £600 so was not expecting a lot. However it arrived within 24 hours and is so comfortable I am well impressed. How it will stand up to time only time and use will tell.

It might well be superb in a motorhome as I imagine it would be quite easy to trim it to shape. They do all sorts of sizes and thicknesses

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bed-world?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Wow, thats a brilliant price, I bought a Kingsize showroom demonstrator for £500, the retail was £900. Two years down the road it still looks like it's never been sat upon and the comfort is absolutely superb it is worth every penny we paid for it, if you get the service out of yours that we are getting you must have the bargain of the year. :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Almost sounds too good to be true..........are you sure it's not damaged where it fell of the lorry:ROFLMAO:

As they say the proof of the pudding..........

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
I was surprised as well but if you look at their feedback its excellent. I spoke to them before ordering and they said they were sending out 150 mattresses a day so even if they are only making £20 profit per mattress its not bad.

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Despite the price we had a great nights sleep last night. I read somewhere that many of our aches and pains we oldies feel are not down to our age but down to the mattress we sleep on.

I could feel the memory foam mould itself to my many curves :ROFLMAO: which definately helps to relax you.

Only downside is that with the 10 stone I have over the wife I now have to accept I am going to be sleeping 2 inches lower than her. I have told her not to let it go to her head, it has nothing to do with status :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Tried memory foam and wish I had bought several bottles of vodka instead as that would have helped me sleep way better !!

When we changed the mattress's we ended up going for pucka box spring type.
Actually lighter than foam and really comfortable :thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
When house sitting last winter I bought a memory foam mattress from an ebay seller (not the one mentioned) Bliss--aching back gone after 2 nights of decent sleep. And when I left I sold the mattress for just £35 less than I'd paid.

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Tried memory foam and wish I had bought several bottles of vodka instead as that would have helped me sleep way better !!

When we changed the mattress's we ended up going for pucka box spring type.
Actually lighter than foam and really comfortable :thumb:

Thats bikers for you, they need their springs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How long ago was that? I think they might have some on a bit. This mattress was delivered vacuum packed and the guy arrived with it on his shoulder :Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
errrr.. 6 weeks ago ? Maybe 7...
And woman reckoned the van was way more comfy than her bed at home so we ended up getting another of the same make for here !!

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
errrr.. 6 weeks ago ? Maybe 7...
And woman reckoned the van was way more comfy than her bed at home so we ended up getting another of the same make for here !!

its just a case of one man's memory is another man's springs ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had been looking to buy a new mattress for home for a while and were considering memory foam because we use a mf topper in the van.

After reading this thread we decided to take the plunge and the mattress was delivered yesterday. Great night's sleep so thanks, Stew, for the tip.

All I have to do now is get the old mattress into the back of the Berlingo and take it to the tip :whatthe:

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Excellent Graham. We should have changed the mattress ages ago, the old one was really worn out. Almost a week since we changed and I am not feeling aches and pains throughout the day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back