Got a Boxer? Expecting A Recall? (1 Viewer)

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
If he looks at his service bulletin I think they call it info-tech its list with the recalls to be done it s operation 6 because its the sixth item out of about 9 items thats on the recall list.
I know operation 6 is not a recall, like the engine cover but its all included in the same bulletin its gives part numbers,how to do the work and the time it takes.

Get back to customers services and demand they supply the parts needed to your dealer and inform of the dealers weaknes!!

Go through the full list with customer services I did.

HTH>

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Buccanneer, we are back home again for a few days, so I am going to get onto them first thing tomorrow morning, if I dont get any joy from the dealer I intend to get back onto Peugeot.

Ginny

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi again Buccanneer, do you have a full copy of the list, then I can go through it with customer services and know what I am talking about.

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
No Peugeot dealers and customers service have it.

The service reception people are generally US try to talk to service mgr or workshop mgr.

Goodluck.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rang the dealers again this morning (I now have their number on speed dial) to arrange to take the Starburst in to have the recall work and water ingress problem solved at last - and the Peugeot dealers, Matthewmans of Rotherham went into Receivership yesterday afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to have to start the whole messy process again.

I will certainly think twice before buying another Peugeot!

Ginny

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Maybe thats why Peugeot had not provided them with upto date info or they were taking in no more work.
Robins and day are owned by Peugeot have you one in your area?

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Buccaneer - Have just received all the parts required from both Peugeot and Fiat, about £70 all in.

For info to all, the pipe (known as a degasser) is part No 1351 TX which costs about £30 part No 1351 TY is identical and comes with the clips for operation YNB but only costs around £15 I have bought TY and will confirm to you all as to whether it's 100% compatible (I have been assured that it is)

Buccaneer - I fancy fitting this lot myself, any chance of a few close ups of the Fiat bracket (orientation etc)?

Thanks all.

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Peugeot 2.2 Hdi the same as Buccaneer's. Standby on the Fiat bracket while we check them out, it might be that some vehicles already have this part fitted as standard.

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Drains from Windscreen Wipers

I have the engine cover fitted on my peugeot and scuttle sealed but water still enters via the drains either side of the windscreen wipers. The nearside drain is very small in diameter but appears to spray a reasonable amount of water into engine bay, is there a Peugeot fix or is it not considered a problem????

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
No Peugeot fix for those small holes although there was a recall to fit various protective covers to various items. Some people have drilled them out and fitted their own drain tubes.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
No Peugeot fix for those small holes although there was a recall to fit various protective covers to various items. Some people have drilled them out and fitted their own drain tubes.

Peugeot dealers are now recalling all Boxer's and fitting the full engine cover FOC. We had ours fitted a couple of weeks ago. Try contacting your local dealer and see what they say.

I asked them about the scuttle and whether that was part of the recall, but was told not at this stage! I also pointed out that water leaked in through the holes at either side but they said this should be rectified by the fitting of the engine cover!

There was a recall on the computer which was considered 'important' and they did that at the same time. I asked why, as owners from new, we had not received a single recall letter, and only knew of these through this forum - the service manager could not explain.

Hope you manage to sort yours out soon.

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back