Got 400mm to play with (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Trying to fill the hole that I think the TV filled when my Hymer was new. I mounted a 32" tv beneath the cabinet and it can swivel. I have 400mm to play with and the toaster oven I bought is a tad small. It works well but hope that there is a larger model that would fit. Inverter is 2KW and i have large capacity batteries.
Anyone out therewith any ideas. BTW check that front door of the Korean sourced oven

Attachments

• life.jpg
    life.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 143
  • life1.jpg
    life1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 146

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Who on earth needs a 32cm TV in their MH????? o_O :D2 Please tell me you haven't actually fastened it to the worktop! :eek:

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Thought i would get a response re size. Have a 65' in the house and my eyes are NOT what they used to be. And no it is not fastened to the worktop. It is suspended beneath the cabinet clamped to a SS pipe which contains all the wires. Tidy and can pivot. Comfortable to watch from the front seats when turned around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thought i would get a response re size. Have a 65' in the house and my eyes are NOT what they used to be. And no it is not fastened to the worktop. It is suspended beneath the cabinet clamped to a SS pipe which contains all the wires. Tidy and can pivot. Comfortable to watch from the front seats when turned around.
You do know that everyone will now have TV envy don't you! :D

Any chance of seeing photos of your pipe/clamp etc arrangement as others may be interested in doing the same. (y)

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
When you say you have 400mm to play with are you boasting or complaining :D.
As an ordinary male I now have a quandary , do I want a bigger telly or???????.
Enjoy the telly and the microwave , just don't mix 'em up :D.
John

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
All good advice. Eyes aren't that bad yet
And here are a few photos to show where that 32" telly went. First off I was not impressed with Oyster 85 that was installed in Germany as wires were exposed so made a cover for them and added another Hella Din socket lower down so I could deliver power to the Avtex down the pipe. TV has been hanging beneath the cabibet for 3 years now and been up and down the length of NZ many times. That quick release bracket at the back allows the TV to be removed easily if needed . It also allows TV to pivot for watching or moving out of the way Little box is bluetooth. Avtex TV is a pain when plugging in USB sticks so have 400mm extensions to take them to the edge. Hope photos are clear and even if you think it is rather large the idea may be of some use to you. Works well for us
oy.jpg
oy1.jpg
oy2.jpg
oy3.jpg
oy4.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Yes i tried to get the more sensible 31" but Avtex are great up sellers.
Amd like the joke about Black
It is hard to go back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back