Gorges du Tarn etc (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Sitting here looking at gorgeous pictures and planning our trip to Millau and the area east of it.
Would be most grateful for suggestions on Campsites, Tried a delightful site in Aguessac just north of Millau last year, right by river and right in the town, lovely people with an almost english sense of humour!
Also Annie is NOT a good sailor. Can I get a river trip without rapids? This would be in June time

Thanks in advance

Mike & Ann

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Beautiful place but it is known as the Grand Canyon of France so I doubt you'll find any stretch without rapids or at least rough bits. The peeps I've seen going down did seem to be having a good time but looked very wet. Not sure about campsites I'm afraid as did the trip on two wheels using hotels ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Mende is a good overnighter, quite an affluent town.
Florac is a bit of a dead town but nice aire and good river swimming on the south side.
Ensure you take the jonte gorges out of millau, theres a vulture watching place on that road.
mont Aigoual is a nice high drive.
Saint Enime is the place to take a canoe from but no overnighting unless you pop up the col de sauveterre and just park on the side of the road (about 5 or 6 miles up there) and take the view over the valley. Otherwise overnight in Florac.
Any further East and you hit the ardeche, however loads of lovely villages in between (st jean du gard, anduzes, Uzes)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back