Google street view goes live in the UK today ! (1 Viewer)

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Oh! eck, Okay, I'll admit it, I am a technophobe:ROFLMAO: I've looked at the Google maps street view thingy, but all I'm getting is how fabulous it is & what you can do with it. But how the heck do you get into it? Do you download it, just run it & how, or what.

Can't see anywhere were you can type in your location/area you want to check-out, unlike Google Earth which is a doddle to use.
Go on, 'ave a laff.:Sad:

Heres how

Go to this address http://maps.google.co.uk/

In the box at the top where it says Google Maps type in a place name such as a town name or if you want to be accurate use a post code if you have one

Press enter or click Search Maps

Now you will see a satellite image like you are used to in Google Earth

Zoom in using eiher the mouse scroll wheel (in the middle of the mouse) or if you dont have one click on the zoom bar at the left had side to zoom in on a road.

You will notice at the top of the zoom bar there is a little Orange man. Click and drag him to a street

If the road has been mapped then the sides of the road will turn blue. Drop the man in the road and you street view will appear.

You can now click and drag the image around 360 degrees or you can double click further up the road to move along.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Just been walking around Spain and Florida.....

I'm knackered.....

Time for a drink Me thinks...:thumb::beer:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Just tried getting on -our house ain't even built!- it's only been up 5 YEARS!!!!!!! never mind the scrotes won't find us:roflmto:
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Just asked to have mine removed nice bit of softwear for anyone to steel your motorhome to order.

dpick

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
Middlesbrough
Funster No
Just check my home they have my old car parked outside traded it in July last year. But did show new parking places that have been there for approx 18 months. So info for my home is no more than 18 months to 2 years old.

dpick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back