Google Maps (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have a blog for which I use Blogger.com and have an embedded Google Map with pin drop locations showing.
This was created in Windows 7, however I`ve recently got a Chromebook and the blog map didn`t appear as before.
I tried to re-link it but it was coming up as an error.
I`ve had a fiddle but can`t get it to work.
Do any PC savvy funsters know how I might get this to work on my Chromebook please ?
TIA

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm only guessing
Have you turned on location sharing?
Although Chrome is the native browser on a Chromebook, and it's Google maps - but have you tried using a different browser to access Google Maps?

I've learned that ChromeOS is more like Android, so the apps & software can be somewhat cut down compared to a fully fledged PC version...

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I did wonder if it might be because Google maps on Chromebook is an app. and webpage on pc ? I'll have to try having another play with it later.
Thanks for input.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I have a blog for which I use Blogger.com and have an embedded Google Map with pin drop locations showing.
This was created in Windows 7, however I`ve recently got a Chromebook and the blog map didn`t appear as before.
I tried to re-link it but it was coming up as an error.
I`ve had a fiddle but can`t get it to work.
Do any PC savvy funsters know how I might get this to work on my Chromebook please ?
TIA

For all matters technical YouTube is your friend.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
It might not be only your change to Chrome that is the problem. Until about a year ago my wife used an application that did multiple pin drops on Google Maps but the free facility seems to have been discontinued. She now has to use a website with a mapping facility that uses a different base map to get round the problem. The map is not as good but at least it works.

Windows 7 has been getting partial support (only security I think) for a while now so perhaps it was running an older version of Google Maps. Not a Windows user myself so?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Possibly due to changes by Alphabet (the parent group of Google) to Google Maps back in mid 2018 where they withdrew \ tightened-up on free use of Maps on 3rd party websites.
Try searching Google Maps API changes for the background.
You might want to look at Open Street Maps as an alternative but not as good as Google.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back