Google Map Of European Vets For Pets Passport (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just another boring Google map but may prove handy for finding a vet in Europe for the tapeworm treatment and stamping the Pets Passport..

European Vets for Pet Passport
Vets in Europe who are recommended by Motorhome owners and are familiar with the Pet Passport scheme.
PLEASE NOTE - CHECK THE VET HAS STAMPED AND DATED THE PET PASSPORT CORRECTLY.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE PET PASSPORT IS CORRECT WHEN PRESENTED AT THE PASSPORT OFFICES.
Vets in Europe who are recommended by Motorhome owners and are familiar with

view here
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g

You can also download the KLM POI file

Then convert using GPS Babel to any Sat Nav format

I did one for Garmin

On the Google map
Click this icon and then click on 'Download KML

Capturevet.PNG

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
make sure if your dog has a passport issued since january of this year the rabies jab details has been laminated properly.
several were turned away at santander the other week to see a local vet and arrange for it to be done . uk issued passports involved the spanish vet phoning uk to make sure all correct .
uk , spanish and portugese vets had not done it properly .

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I am trying to view the vets map etc but it states I don't have permission, any idea what I have done please I have sent a request to the owner which I have assumed is ScotJimland ..I have looked at it in the past and saved it onmy ipad but need to use itnow for our return to the UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I am trying to view the vets map etc but it states I don't have permission, any idea what I have done please I have sent a request to the owner which I have assumed is ScotJimland ..

And me!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanx for replies, strange I had seen it originally and thought how useful ... Had sent request but not seen a reply yet

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
The Google Vet Map will be available shortly.

Meanwhile any details of recently visited Vets in Europe would be welcomed and added on to the map.

Addresses, fees, parking availability and any relevant details that would help other Members are appreciated.

:france::france::france:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
make sure if your dog has a passport issued since january of this year the rabies jab details has been laminated properly.
several were turned away at santander the other week to see a local vet and arrange for it to be done . uk issued passports involved the spanish vet phoning uk to make sure all correct .
uk , spanish and portugese vets had not done it properly .
Glad I saw this post (y) just taken Mollie Moo to have her rabies jab and get her passport for our trip in June and out came an old style passport! Mentioned the new laminated type and,
Oh they must have sent the wrong one down !! picking the new style one up this afternoon.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its amazing how many i saw and since heard of that have been issued with the wrong passports or not been laminated .
my old dog had three passports old old style . she spent most of her life abroad.
went away about three times every year.
our local vet used to know her well , and the vets in spain and france.
but glad you noticed it here saves bother over there.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Luckily our old Molly had been abroad many times so I knew what the old passports looked like,had it been the first time I wouldn't have known any different so they woud have got away with it!Probably got old stock to get rid of or lack of communication from the Department for the Eradication of Farming and Rural Affairs!

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
@KeithChesterfield - great to see you over here Keith. I have let my 'facts' subscription lapse but was considering paying it just so that I could keep up to date with the Vets list you maintain!
Bill

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
The Vets map is now okay to view - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g&usp=sharing

A few days ago I decided to see how many people were wanting to use it.

I didn't think many were using it as I'd had no notification of new Vets or updated information from anyone for months.

But there's been over 50 requests to see it in the last 5 days so I've put it back online.

To make it of better use and more helpful to all Members could you let me know of any experiences you've had of Vets in Europe this year.

:france::france::france:

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
@KeithChesterfield - used the vet in Bergues last week (thanks to your info). Very nice bloke with good English. Cost was 27 Euro for 40Kg Old English Sheepdog with us providing the tablets. Might be worth adding a note that access to the town is via a narrow gateway but it's wide enough and high enough for an Auto-Trail Apache. I wouldn't want to take anything larger through it though!
Bill

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I see a lot take their own tablets, is it cheaper or because you are used to the medication

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I see a lot take their own tablets, is it cheaper or because you are used to the medication

interested in the answer to this question as well Andy .. the tapeworm tablets are cheap enough at £1.37 per tablet , one tablet per 10kg
I'm thinking perhaps the vet just loads the consultation if you supply your own ?

anyone know?

Last edited:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have this morning visited the vets at Montville France for the final requirement for Tom to enter the UK

We found them very thorough and gentle with him, it did cost 35€
They are only a few minutes walk from this lovely Aire ....we saw "Chloe" who is English speaking

Clinque Veterinaire DeMontville
27c, rue Andre Martin
76710 Montvelle
Tel 02 35 33 60 90 / fax 02 35 33 25 53

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
interested in the answer to this question as well Andy .. the tapeworm tablets are cheap enough at £1.37 per tablet , one tablet per 10kg
I'm thinking perhaps the vet just loads the consultation if you supply your own ?

anyone know?

Someone must know the answer ?

My nephew last year ,was given the tablets by his vet for my vet to use when they were returning. Nephew seemed to think that it was to ensure they were the correct ones but any vet dishing out passports knows , or can check, the requirements .
Other than that ,no idea ?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011

anyone know?

The vet we used in Chaleroi last year wouldn't accept our tablets, said it was because it was his signature going on the passport, so he wanted to do it his way. He was very pleasant about it and supplied "chewey" worm tablets that the boys scoffed no problem.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
CHANGE OF PHONE NUMBER
The vet at Forges Les Eaux ( Mr Patrick)
Will be changing his telephone number from the end of April 16
the new number will be 0235900505
His address is the same.

We have two labs and he has always been excellent
he speaks very good English

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi Keith,

We find your map very useful. One you might add could be useful for those heading north for the Bilbao ferry and using the open-all-year Haro ACSI campsite - only just over an hour from the port:-

Vet Servican
Avenida Ingenieros del Ministerio Obras Publicas, 5
26200 Haro
Spain
Phone +34 941 303 039
N042 34.417 W002 51.268

They open at 10am Mon-Sat but close Saturday afternoon. They charge about e35/40 (can't actually remember but didn't seem an unusual price.). It takes about 15 minutes on foot from the ACSI campsite. 26kg Labrador, March 2016

Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi Keith,

We have used the vet in ouistreham on avenue colonel Dawson. Good English and very pleasant to deal with. Thanks for putting this map together.

Glenn.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
One to add to your list but probably more to avoid unless urgent

Cabinet Vétérinaire Gabriel Legros SOC.CIV. SPRL
Rue de la Gare 14, 6980 La Roche-en-Ardenne, Belgium
Broken Link Removed: +32 495 20 74 79
Just wanted to get it done and out of the way so ended up paying 50 Euros for a tablet supplied by the vet.
Understood English
Parking for a single PVC ok but you'll need to go further up the road to park anything bigger. There is plenty of space outside the swimming pool which is also a Camperstop and used overnight.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
I just put vet in sat nav now i cant download european vet either - got used to paying 40 - 45 euro for the worming and passport stamp - coming back through france last time spotted vet so just dropped enquired about price 8.70 euro - so asked again just to be sure tablet and passport stamped for 8.70 - can you do it now - yes - i'll get the dog

Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
I just put vet in sat nav now i cant download european vet either - got used to paying 40 - 45 euro for the worming and passport stamp - coming back through france last time spotted vet so just dropped enquired about price 8.70 euro - so asked again just to be sure tablet and passport stamped for 8.70 - can you do it now - yes - i'll get the dog

Where and who was the Vet you used ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back