Google makes Android apps vanish (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Android developers are furious about Google's changes to the way search works in the Android application marketplace.

The changes were put into place on 1 July, and since then, a lot of previously very popular applications have now effectively disappeared.

The anger on the Android forums is partly financial – one developer said downloads had been cut 80 per cent since the change – and partly irritation at Google's arrogance: the company hasn't bothered to respond.

Read more: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/27/android_market_search_fail/

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
Success\fame brings arrogance. News Int for e.g. Previous Labour Party. Bankers. I got shot of my android Asus Transformer because in the end, it just does not do what I have got used to with Windows software. I think I am too old and take comfort from things I am familiar with but certainly, Android is far from perfect. The only thing that worked faultlessy was Angry Birds.

One day Google will fall, probably when everyone realises just how much info it has on all of us and what it ends up doing with that information. Google will be able to sway democratic nations in the same way as Murdock could sway voters.
They could hold countries to ransom if they so chose in my view so upsetting a few million app users is not high on their Todo list to sort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back