Goodwood FoS (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We are going for the day on the Saturday. Has anyone any advice about which car park to use (we shall be in our MH) or which is the less busy approach? Has anyone stayed in any of the car parks overnight (Goodwood are discouraging this but haven't said you can't!)? We are planning to stay at a nearby club site or CS so we can get in the queues early!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
You will need to be in the FOS by about 6.30 in the morning to avoid the horrendous traffic jams, I only live 10mins away from Goodwood and used to take a shortcut through a village to get there they have now shut this road during the event.
Me and my son tried twice to get to the event last year but Chichester was gridlocked and it took some people 4 hours to get in!
We parked up in a lane over the back and walked across the field to their campsite and jumped on the free bus.
You could try the Southbourne caravan site but as the large one next door has shut down I would think they are fully booked by now.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
We are going for the five days :) As has been said, traffic can be terrible during the event, I'm pretty sure they clear the normal public car parks at end of day !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billggski

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
Stone
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Britstops pub five miles away. Back roads to the circuit. We spent a lot in the pub though!

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
We stayed in the ccc site nearby , not the Chichester one! ( hate that one)
We drove in at 0745 and had breakfast in the car park
Don't try to drive thro Chichester !
Enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back