Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Anybody else going? We roll Tuesday afternoon to arrive midday...ish Wednesday on campsite E. And before anyone who isn't interested in motorsport chimes in with any negative comments regarding the cost, don't bother! This is our holiday for the year, it's what we want to do and we're happy with the cost.

D.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Anybody else going? We roll Tuesday afternoon to arrive midday...ish Wednesday on campsite E. And before anyone who isn't interested in motorsport chimes in with any negative comments regarding the cost, don't bother! This is our holiday for the year, it's what we want to do and we're happy with the cost.

D.
Have a great time........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
been twice loved it worth every penny.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I also get free ticket offers each year to Festival of Speed and the Revival but that is because of my Motor Trade past and our dealership's close connection to Spirit FM who interview all of the drivers each year and lay on the sound system.

If you are into this sort of meeting there are few to rival these regardless of cost.

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Festival of Speed and the Revival are wonderful events and we have always enjoyed them.
Yes, they are expensive but so are many other great events. I read the other day that West End theatre tickets can cost up to £240. :Eeek:

Richard.
Yes Mate Agreed. I Know People Who Spend £3k On Ten Days In Spain, That Doesn't Appeal To Me At All.

D.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I use to carry out work for Goodwood Eastate so got free tickets, I see this year they are still available must be the first time they have not been sold out.
Went last year with my son and had a cracking day out.
I was a bit disappointed with the revival last year as you could not go to all the areas like you can at FOS.

Must say that it is very well organised event, hope everyone has a good time and the weather holds out.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Yes Mate Agreed. I Know People Who Spend £3k On Ten Days In Spain, That Doesn't Appeal To Me At All.

D.

Same as that, sister is in morocco for 2 weeks, I said to her where have you been? I have just laid by the pool all day!
When we go away I would be lucky to sit/lay down for a couple of half days.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I'm very jealous as well ! ! ! Always fancied it..
Bloody good luck to you and enjoy..
We ALL spend our hard earned in ANY way we see fit.
It IS on our "to do" list though, so maybe next year.
Mitch.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Just been stocking the m/h wine & beer cellar in preparation :wine:

Looking forward to having time to wander around & getting to see everything, normally on events I'm running around like an idiot all day! :Eeek:

Plus it will be nice to drive the van without a car & trailer on the back.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Dave dont listen to what other people are saying or thinking ,it's your money ,you've earned it Always wanted to do both the FOS & Revival but never got round to it but hoping for next year.We are off to Silverstone on the 13th of next month for 4days of the British Grand Prix
Enjoy Goodwood Dave.
Brian & Jo

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I always thought that the entire point of holidays was to have some personal time to do exactly what you want. So just do it and enjoy! Reminds me that I want to go to Spa for the Grand Prix one year, before I get too old.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

D.
We are going to Revival this year. Hope you enjoy the festival.

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Dave dont listen to what other people are saying or thinking ,it's your money ,you've earned it Always wanted to do both the FOS & Revival but never got round to it but hoping for next year.We are off to Silverstone on the 13th of next month for 4days of the British Grand Prix
Enjoy Goodwood Dave.

Brian & Jo

Cheers Brian, not worried about others but I never understand why some have to chirp up with negative comments on a thread about something they aren't interested in. You know the ones, someone asks about tv for their motorhome and up pops micky misery to say " you're really on holiday, why you want tv? "

We'd d both love to do the revival as well but we've been to FoS five times and love it but can't t really justify both in the same year, maybe we'd 'll do revival next year.

D.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
My Boss has some of his cars on display not sure what though. A friend of mine has been to the Fos Ball reckon its a great party. Its certainly a great day out but lost a little of its charm

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Several years ago when we went to FOS we hung around as everyone was flocking out of the gates.
As we walked past the side of Goodwood House we noticed a crowd of people beside the house and wandered over to have a nose and see what was going on.
It was the prize giving and all the competitors and celebs were gathered on the lawn as speeches and cups were handed out.
We stood outside watching when The Earl of March asked that the picket gates were opened so that we spectators could join in.
We stood on the lawn beside the drivers and when proceedings were complete everyone was invited into the house for champagne and fruit cake.
We spent a very pleasant hour or so wandering freely around the house looking at the collection of paintings and chatting to drivers.
I had a chat with Lord March and suggested that he book the Vulcan for the air display at the Revival as she was from the era celebrated. (Vulcan had recently taken to the air following restoration)
Sure enough, Vulcan was booked for several Goodwood events afterwards.

Richard.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Love the Goodwood festivals. We lived in Chichester, used to get cheap tickets and just took it for granted. One Saturday we arrived at 0930 with two friends ( we'd just cycle in), it was gloriously hot.. We decided that some champagne would start the day off right.

At 3pm. We were still under a Moet umbrella and between us had spent £500 on Champers, Never saw any cars or events and wasted our Sunday tickets hungover!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Always seems to be something on, I have been taking my dad to St Richard Hospital twice a week for his treatment, I drop him and mum off and pop over to the race track for an hour to see what's on.
Nine times out of ten someone will be using the track.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We're going on Weds, stopping at the racecourse, right by the rally stage.
2 mins and we're in
We go every year and wouldn't miss it for the world.
Is the racecourse the official camping or a cheaper option? If so do you have a link please?

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Is the racecourse the official camping or a cheaper option? If so do you have a link please?
It's official camping, definitely not a cheap option. There are 60 pitches there and it started in 2013, we've been stopping ever since and get early bird tickets. It sells out real quick and most of the people there are the same every year.
You need to book in the early part of the year to guarantee a pitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back