LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Sad news indeed and you have my sympathy. I have just got another dog after 10 months since my last one was put to sleep: never a replacement as they are all individual characters.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Sad times.
We keep thinking we are going to experience a doggy loss soon. But Ruby keeps on going. She's 16 . Totally deaf now. Has doggy dementia , we are sure. She's Also forgotten how to give you her paw. When you give her a treat she no longer gently takes it. But snatches , and If she's not asleep she's just walking about looking for food. Sad .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We still miss our springer she lived to pas 16 years that we know of and was fully grown when we got her
she was a rejected costumes' dog.
if anyone had anything on them she used to sit at the side of them but was aggressive at times
we still miss her after 5 years on
bill

Deleted User
So sorry to hear your sad news.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Oh no just started my friday wine and now you have all got me crying ...... Thinking about my dear departed! How many funsters are crying now or is it just me!

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Sorry to hear of your sad loss ,time will heal but your memories will last forever.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sad times.
We keep thinking we are going to experience a doggy loss soon. But Ruby keeps on going. She's 16 . Totally deaf now. Has doggy dementia , we are sure. She's Also forgotten how to give you her paw. When you give her a treat she no longer gently takes it. But snatches , and If she's not asleep she's just walking about looking for food. Sad .
Bev, the snatching is probably because her spatial awareness is gone - she can smell the treat but can't really see where it is. I believe that the most trying time is when they get old - they get cantankerous and sometimes hard work, our Ginny did, and then when we had to have her put down two years ago next month, the sense of guilt is magnified because you remember how annoyed you were at her little 'foibles'. I am typing this with a lump in my throat - still miss her desperately - but giving it a go at not having a dog, and being able to travel abroad for weeks at a time, and no poo to pick up on our daily walks! She could poo for England, usually in front of an audience! She was an English Springer Spaniel, so I don't miss the hair balls flying around the house, but her sweet gentle nature will always be in my memory. xx

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Sad day and you will miss her terribly, but, she was a lucky dog to have found a good home with you both. Janie, Bob and Izzy

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I lost my Greyhound Dylan (see avatar) three weeks or so ago. He was 8 years old and contracted lymphoma. I decided on euthanasia before he failed completely - I just couldn't watch him failing and becoming more and more uncomfortable. I have had dogs euthanized in the past but this was the hardest decision I've made because he was so young and because of the exceptional bond we had. I've always believed that the best thing to do in memory of a good dog is to home another - there are always plenty waiting - but this time I couldn't bear to think about another Greyhound. We have another dog (an Italian Greyhound x Whippet called Peggy) so we found her a Whippet dog. He's gorgeous and no replacement for Dylan. I'd like to take on another Greyhound but not yet - the loss of Dylan is too raw and will take time. I know exactly how you feel.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
We recently 'lost' our/my cat Garfield who was not only a family pet also its difficult to explain but he was also my best mate. Eventhough we now have 2 year old Milly (who's quite a character and makes us laugh) not a day goes by that I don't think of Garfield and wish I could turn the clock back

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
sorry to hear that ,Your pain will ease with time, it destroys me loosing pets, they become your friends who you talk to and hope they sort of understand, they certainly make good listners
pete

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
What a wonderful crowd you Funsters are. Many of you have posted the most sincere and heartfelt words of comfort and I've only met a handful of you. Thank you all so very much - it has made me feel so much better.
Just booked in for the Newark rally so hopefully we will get to know more of you there.

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
So sorry for your loss, its so hard, hugs to you

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Sorry to hear your sad news.
We've been there a few times ourselves although we knew we could never replace the previous dog the next one always got a new home on the strength of the love we got off its predecessor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back