Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Recently posted parking charge in Tesco's carpet but good news I have appealed in writing but in the meantime called Tesco head office. They in turn called the man in charge of the car park and centre and he immediately cancelled the ticket. He also informed me that who ever the idiot is for issuing it in the first will be given a right roasting. He informs all the attendants that if a vehicle is too big to park in one bay use your common sense and DO NOT issue a ticket. Tesco and this lovely man have been brilliant. He has also given me his mobile number so that if it happens again I simply ring him and the ticket will be immediately cancelled. Isnt if wonderful to know that there are some still common sense folk in charge who can make life a lot easier. Store manager couldnt help so ring head office of company in future much cheaper than paying the charge or risking your credit rating if you dont pay. Keep smiling Nannyjan

Deleted User
Recently posted parking charge in Tesco's carpet but good news I have appealed in writing but in the meantime called Tesco head office. They in turn called the man in charge of the car park and centre and he immediately cancelled the ticket. He also informed me that who ever the idiot is for issuing it in the first will be given a right roasting. He informs all the attendants that if a vehicle is too big to park in one bay use your common sense and DO NOT issue a ticket. Tesco and this lovely man have been brilliant. He has also given me his mobile number so that if it happens again I simply ring him and the ticket will be immediately cancelled. Isnt if wonderful to know that there are some still common sense folk in charge who can make life a lot easier. Store manager couldnt help so ring head office of company in future much cheaper than paying the charge or risking your credit rating if you dont pay. Keep smiling Nannyjan

If you park in a tesco carpet you deserve to get a ticket

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013

At last! someone in charge with half a brain. :ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Great news Jan, we had similar in Denmark, we parked at Lidl and forgot to put our parking disc ( cardboard clock ) in the window so they know when you arrived.
So got a ticket. :Angry:
Went back in the store and complained, he came out the car park, and pointed out the sign, but even though the Danes speak english it had every language on it except english. :ROFLMAO:

He tore the ticket up and said not to worry. :roflmto: Bob.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Great news - and confirms the policy that Tesco gave me for publication last year.

This also demonstrates the efficacy of taking up such matters with senior company managers rather than just ignoring the invoices. I think every case reported on here (certainly in the last year) has had a similar outcome when the company management are informed.

It's always worth checking notices before parking though and if there is any doubt speaking to the customer service desk before starting your shopping - as per my Morrisons experience reported on the earlier thread.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Considering the positive attitude from Tesco, and the number of members in the club, is it worth while asking the other large supermarkets their attitude, e.g. Do we all start using Tesco for our purchases. Motorhomers stocking up tend to spend a lot of cash. In Keswick this week, would have stocked up at Booths as they have five large parking areas, but they charge £7.50 to park. They are fighting for every penny at the moment and we must have some buying power. ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Considering the positive attitude from Tesco, and the number of members in the club, [HI]is it worth while asking the other large supermarkets their attitude[/HI], e.g. Do we all start using Tesco for our purchases. Motorhomers stocking up tend to spend a lot of cash. In Keswick this week, would have stocked up at Booths as they have five large parking areas, but they charge £7.50 to park. They are fighting for every penny at the moment and we must have some buying power. ::bigsmile:

See Here :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back