Good News From Warners Shows (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I too think that a marquee would be a great boon at the large shows. Malvern was so well attended last year that our tent was full to bursting with funsters sitting in circles in their chairs. On one night I couldn't get in. Ended up sitting outside for a while , then got fed up and moved on!
It'd be lovely if we can have a marquee large enough to accommodate everybody together. :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I don't think its a case of those against the idea.

I think its a case of highlighting what made fun successful in the first place.

Turning up knowing no one, going away like feeling part of a family and something special.

As someone who has hosted over 20+ meets and rallies for fun, I am all for growth. Sadly the growth will see the loss of the true spirit of fun IMO,, and Im allowed to have one. :Smile:

This year's B&B is a perfect example, turn my computer off and on and over 80 names down. Sadly some of our own friends who would of wanted to come are not even on the list!!!...

The hard work has never been an issue, what's an issue and why so many people turn up at the "boring" shows is lack of activity elsewhere........
Youve seen one motorhome accessory youv'e seen them all.

The best meet I attended was in Yorkshire ran by Runrig with ovver 30 vans and the same day as the Newark show.

The only way to restore the family factor is having more choice, Roger still had a good attndance at his meet the same time as Malvern...:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sadly the growth will see the loss of the true spirit of fun IMO,, and Im allowed to have one. :Smile:

Being part of a crowd or being part of a family.

The more there are the more it fragments into cliques because there is a size beyond which you are just in a crowd, cannot be heard and cannot hear any specific conversation.

The meet at Jim's was possibly the best ever due to Jim and Sian's generosity and the limited numbers. It was a family party. Pity about his wall.

The B&B is a good example, now pushing the site to the limit whereas at first we all fitted in the pub.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Being part of a crowd or being part of a family.

The more there are the more it fragments into cliques because there is a size beyond which you are just in a crowd, cannot be heard and cannot hear any specific conversation.

The meet at Jim's was possibly the best ever due to Jim and Sian's generosity and the limited numbers. It was a family party. Pity about his wall.

The B&B is a good example, now pushing the site to the limit whereas at first we all fitted in the pub.

Hi Brian, the small meets will continue, its just Peterborough and Malvern that are the real biggies.

I hate seeing anyone left out, but as we grow, we will have to start putting a cap on numbers on some of our get togethers, just to keep them fun. A 140 van meet, might be great, but a 40 van meet will always be better. Hopefully we'll just have lots more meets so everyone who wants to rally can get away:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back