Good News For Insurance Renewals? (1 Viewer)

Kai Morrison

Free Member
Sep 19, 2019
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg CaraLoft
Exp
1 year on
My year 2 renewal quote is £80 cheaper than last year....now under £250. I did call Adrian Flux before receiving the renewal quotation and they were £60 more expensive than last years price.
My policy is with Devitt Insurance which was originally set up via the CAMC.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
About time too.
I'm just going through the loathsome annual hassle of getting a new quote for a car having just rec'd my renewal invitation from the AA. Up from £264 last year to £378 now.
So far I've had quotes of £282 (SAGA) and £278 (Hastings). I can't be ar*ed to go back cap-in-hand to argue with the AA but will change insurer.
I expect like everyone else I'm fed up with this annual time-wasting rigmarole of getting new quotes for each car, my house and motorbikes. To their credit Comfort have only increased my m/h premium by more or less inflation over the past 7 years.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I was reading about it yesterday.
My van insurance is with comfort rarely goes up by more than a tenner & had it come down a couple of times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
To update my post (no. 5 above) about my car renewal increasing from £264 to £378 I had emailed the AA with simple and brief message (without mentioning any other quotes) to stop wasting my time and to give me a realistic quote within 7 days whilst I pursued quotes elsewhere. I hadn't expected any reply but within 24hrs I had an email from 'Becky': 'We hate to think of you leaving us and can offer you a premium of £272'.

Every year I have to through the same aggro (except with Comfort).
What a ridiculous waste of everyone's time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back