good news and bad news

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by Wildman, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Wildman

Wildman

Ratings:
    +8,647
    "Trevor" passed his MOT today with flying colours, thats the good news. Bad news is I plugged the laptop charging lead into my tom tom go 920 and fried both the lead and the tom tom:cry::cry:. New lead £15, now does anyone know of a tom tom repairer, Mine had outdated maps but never caused me a problem and had the whole of Europe on it. A Barsteward of a mouse ate its way through my European and French road maps so looks like I am being kept out of Europe. when I try to power the tom tom on all I get is a white screen so something is still alive in there. However it shows as dead when connected to my computer and tom tom home. I shall be lost without it, literally.

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +20,340
    If you contact TomTom they are very good. I do know that they used to send packaging and repair or replace free of charge, even when well out of warranty. Whether they still do I don't know as have not needed them for years.

3. chatter

chatter

Ratings:
    +941
    email tomtom they helped me bring a friends tomtom back from the dead - showed it had power but screen didnt want to work - mind you that was a soft ware problem caused by something being loaded onto it that was faulty, and when my little stand thing died rang them and they replaced it.

4. Wildman

Wildman

Ratings:
    +8,647
    had seen on the internet the fact that tom tom only deals with original purchasers, bought mine secondhand

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +20,340

• Like it Like it x 3