202.4 KB · Views: 84
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Been to bristol ballon several times , well worth a visit , great to see so many balloons up in the air a one time , looks like you are having good weather hope it last's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Is that the World Cup arriving from Germany above your head??:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Think we will have to put this one back on our to do list it's a few years since we last went, the photos bring it alive.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Think we will have to put this one back on our to do list it's a few years since we last went, the photos bring it alive.
My dog HATES the sound of those balloons 'swishing' as they fire up the gas. She goes BESWICK!!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Evening flight begins

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 30
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Wow, that takes me back a bit :) I used to live in Bristol and one morning in 1989 I had a flight in a balloon out of Ashton Court..................

This lead to spending the next 10 years of my life as a professional hot air balloon pilot :eek:o_O

They are a wonderful sight to see............. enjoy:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
professional hot air balloon pilot
That's interesting, never met one before. It's one of those trades about which very little is known. :)

However..........

There are plenty of amateur 'hot air balloon pilots' on here, me being the foremost.......:rofl::rofl:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Have a good day, I bet if I told you that's the only time Janie got up early without complaint,:rolleyes: you would never believe me. :ROFLMAO:
They would not be flying here in Cromer, o_O the only thing flying today are peoples tents and wind breaks. :ROFLMAO:
But the Sun's out and a good day for a walk. (y) Bob.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
That's interesting, never met one before. It's one of those trades about which very little is known. :)
Funny you should say that............ often when halfway through a passenger flight one of my passengers would say to me "so what do you do for a living?" my answer...."I fly balloons".......... they would say "no, not your hobby, what do you do for a job?".......my answer "This!"

I was never taken seriously !! It really is one of those jobs you have to explain every time!

:)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well the weather has finally beat us we are packing up and going home. We had constant heavy rain most of the night. We hope it stays dry long enough to put awning away:) great 5 days we have had.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Glad you had a great time, I said we should move from Cromer last night when Janie said today was going be thunder storms:censored:
But we sat here in what seemed l!ke a river bed this morning, and doesnot look like we will be going anywhere. :D:D
Still the fete started at 2 and if the rain stops we might have paddle round there. :eek: :roflmto: Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back