Good ideas washing machine spin tub temperamental (1 Viewer)

NeilEmma

Free Member
Oct 31, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Arapaho
Exp
September 2016
I have a good ideas twin tub washing machine, second hand, I didn't use it for a few months and it has been left out overnight a few times so don't know if water has got into it but now when I work it the spin tub doesn't always work. I have it on a makeshift stand made out of two plastic tubs so when I move them around a bit to make sure it's level and switch it off, leave it a few minutes, then switch it back on again it tends to then work. Also a spark came out of the top of where the spin tub door opens and closes this morning but it still worked after that. Is this a simple fault I can fix or do I need to bin it? I have no technical knowledge of how to fix washing machines or electrical appliances. Thanks, Emma

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It sounds as though the lid safety switch might be the problem. Unless you have someone competent available to take a look at it my advice is replace it.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Have negotiated the removal of ours with SWMBO as we rarely use it. We find it easier to book into a site when we need to do washing and use their full size machines.
Leaves more space for beer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have a good ideas twin tub washing machine, second hand, I didn't use it for a few months and it has been left out overnight a few times so don't know if water has got into it but now when I work it the spin tub doesn't always work. I have it on a makeshift stand made out of two plastic tubs so when I move them around a bit to make sure it's level and switch it off, leave it a few minutes, then switch it back on again it tends to then work. Also a spark came out of the top of where the spin tub door opens and closes this morning but it still worked after that. Is this a simple fault I can fix or do I need to bin it? I have no technical knowledge of how to fix washing machines or electrical appliances. Thanks, Emma
Any old appliance that mixes water with electricity can become a hazard. I would give it to the scrap man, new washers are now as cheap as chips and do a great job...(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back