Good Fiat mechanic Brighton/Hythe/Folkstone area? (1 Viewer)

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Suffered a front nearside puncture yesterday morning 5 mins after leaving our New Forest CL, having changed it in the rain:( the clutch started juddering in !st gear. Never had a problem before, but it got worse during our drive down to Brighton. Picking up a new tyre from ATS Brighton West lunchtime today (who went the extra mile to obtain a new Continental Vancocamper for me ASAP, thanks Colin) but I'm worried about the clutch failing on our way home to the Costa Blanca. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy mechanic in this area?
Thanks, Dave

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Mike(y), I've given them a ring but can't get through to the workshop at the moment:(, obviously I'll keep trying!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Dave, just a thought as to what may have caused your clutch to judder, if you hav,nt used spare wheel before I would check its same size as your other wheels, hope you get sorted.

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the suggestion Eric, but the spare wheel is the same size.

Peter, thanks for your replies, unfortunately we were stuck in traffic all afternoon after NOT getting our new spare tyre from ATS - some waste-of- space in the depot forgot to add it to todays deliveries - so I didn't receive your replies until it was too late to visit you. We will be on the 9.39am Shuttle tomorrow morning, so will just have to keep our fingers crossed that we don't get a puncture or more problems with the clutch on the way home.

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back