Good, bad, ugly? (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Renault T1400
Exp
Good morning all, its my first post so please be gentle lol. We are in the market for a new motorhome upgrading from our little old Renault (below).
Vehicle manufacturers i.e Fiat, Renault etc I am fine with and understand well however body builders not so. We are looking at a few makes this weekend and hope to buy after looking for a long while. Could somebody please give any insight on the good , bad, ugly on the below body builders please? Even if it is just a yep they are good or don't touch with a barge pole kind of replies.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Chausson (Welcome 76)
Autotrail (Excel, Frontier, Cheyenne & Mohawk, )
Bessacarr (E560)
Eldis
Burstner Marano

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 41
Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
Good morning all, its my first post so please be gentle lol. We are in the market for a new motorhome upgrading from our little old Renault (below).
Vehicle manufacturers i.e Fiat, Renault etc I am fine with and understand well however body builders not so. We are looking at a few makes this weekend and hope to buy after looking for a long while. Could somebody please give any insight on the good , bad, ugly on the below body builders please? Even if it is just a yep they are good or don't touch with a barge pole kind of replies.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Chausson (Welcome 76)
Autotrail (Excel, Frontier, Cheyenne & Mohawk, )
Bessacarr (E560)
Eldis
Burstner Marano
1fa08fc3853891d1dc7bab72de2eb6fb.jpg
enjoy the fun !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Hello and welcome from Wiltshire.
:ello:
People will criticise Autotrails, but we have had our 2009 Autotrail Excel for 5 years, and love it.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Remember that with ANY motorhome someone somewhere will have had a problem. No such thingas perfect for all. Look, look, look at what other people have to decide which best suits YOU.

Some people hate Eldis.. I LOVED mine and miss it like crazy.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome.
Probably not the reply you're looking for but why are you changing it?
Mine's similar to yours but 6m long, 25 yrs old and on a non turbo VW T4 chassis and has run perfectly all around Europe in the 7 yrs I've had it and dry as a bone inside. It does everything I need. No temperamental niggly electronics to go wrong (expensively), no catalytic converter plus inexpensive spare parts and just basic engineering that any decent mechanic could fix, anywhere, if it was necessary.
I've looked in idle curiosity at 30 and 40 grand second hand motorhomes and ended up thinking: "Why would I need to spend that much for the same facilities or the 'benefit' of gizmos that I don't need?"
I'm retired, don't use motorways and cruising at 50 to 60 is a pleasure. It wouldn't meet some city pollution restrictions but I don't do cities. Never will.
Waddever......

RH side.jpg

Last edited:

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Malvern Hills! As Movan says, someone will have negative reports on any ‘van you may be thinking about......... Just see as many as you can until one feels ‘right’.....(how scientific is that?!?), but view with your eyes wide open - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!
(y) :cool:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As said by movan you will hear horror stories about many marques. Some of them based on problems experienced “fifteen years ago, and I will never have another”

We have had eight motorhomes in about 40 years and have only had a major problem with one, and that was fixed under warranty, without hassle.

We have always put layout above all else, colour scheme, manufacturer etc. If you get the layout wrong you will never be happy. If you get it right you can put up with minor niggles.

Good luck in your search. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back