Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2004
Hello I'm Mark. I've been motorhoming for several years but had to give up a couple of years ago as my wife's mobility got worse. Unfortunately, she also has Alzheimer's and last year had to go into full time residential care. Since then I've considered buying another 'van and took the plunge a couple of months ago. It does feel strange without my wife coming along, almost like I'm having an affair!
I've got an Autosleeper Nuevo, the smallest van with facilities that the dog and me fit in , I'm 6'4" and she's a very long greyhound.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Capital of the Cotswolds! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Motorhome Fun, good luck with your motorhome. I expect it will take a little time to get used to but I'm sure your wife would want you to have some relaxing time for you to enjoy.
yourself.
w2f

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Welcome and I so sad to hear about your wife. I hope you enjoy your travels with your dog

OP
OP
Mark53

Mark53

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Welcome to Motorhome Fun, good luck with your motorhome. I expect it will take a little time to get used to but I'm sure your wife would want you to have some relaxing time for you to enjoy.
yourself.
w2f
Thank you.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi again, just a quick bit of information Motorhome Fun is a great place for information and a friendly place to be, you get 5 free posts when you sign up after the 5 free posts you become a read only member, to access all the forum and make as many posts as you want you would need to become a full member which is £20 a year but like a lot of us I think its worth every penny.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

OP
OP
Mark53

Mark53

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2004
Hi again, just a quick bit of information Motorhome Fun is a great pmacr6for information and a friendly place to be, you get 5 free posts when you sign up after the 5 free posts you become a read only member, to access all the forum and make as many posts as you want you would need to become a full member which is £20 a year but like a lot of us I think its worth every penny.
Thanks for the info.

Sep 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2020
:pink: From Telford, enjoy, must be hard without your wife but she would want you to be happy

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Eyup, I don’t know what to say to you other than if it happened to us if I get Alzheimer’s I want my wife to live her life. I’m sure your wife would wish the same for you.
Just steady away at first .

OP
OP
Mark53

Mark53

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2004
Eyup, I don’t know what to say to you other than if it happened to us if I get Alzheimer’s I want my wife to live her life. I’m sure your wife would wish the same for you.
Just steady away at first .
Thank you.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi & Welcome Mark53
Its never easy to make decisions for yourself when you have always put your better half's interests 1st.
I am in a similar situation with my wife sufferings from Parkinson's Disease, she fights harder for her independence every day, and will not give up easily. We now have to tailor our trips away to ones that have easy access to places of interest or even just simple shopping.
My recommendation would be to join up, pay your subs for a year, and join in with as many Fun Rallies/meets as possible, I cannot tell you how supportive & friendly the regular rally funsters are, life would be a lot more insular without meeting them across so many shows & venues.
Best wishes.
LES & TinaL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back