Good advice from Dave Newell IVS (1 Viewer)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
When I had our alarm installed by Dave he pointed out the drain holes for rain below the windscreen, how to get at them and the need to check them regularly.

Well, just checked for third time and on this occasion all were blocked with leaf detritus. Only took about 10 minutes to clear them all, including the large bore one.

Thanks Dave.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Can I ask how you get at them please.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Good advice from Dave Newell IVS

Situation normal.

Not the only FUNster to be trusted of course.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
grumps147

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Can I ask how you get at them please.

On mine there are two small plastic panels between the top of the headlights and the windscreen Chris.

When you open the bonnet you can see each side is secured by two Philips headed bolts. What you can't see is they also have two body panel clips securing them, and a male end that slides under the main wing.

Once you have unscrewed the bolts you have to very carefully prise up each panel to free the plastic clips. Be careful with this, you don't need tools, just gradually firmer pressure upwards on the panel and the clips will release themselves.

I could see water lying along the black plastic tray the wiper assembly sits in below the windscreen, if you have none lying just use a small jug of water to see if it drains away. I used a small piece of copper wire to poke through the detritus and get the water flowing. There are two small drains, one each side. More towards the middle is a larger hole. This was also blocked. On mine it drains out on the inner offside front wing behind the offside wheel. It was a fingers in and hook out all the muck from the end of the pipe.

When re-installing the plastic covers make sure the male end inserts properly, line up the plastic clips and give the panel firm pressure from the top to seat the clips before re screwing the bolts. The bolts can be a bit fiddly to get threading properly, again be careful not to strip a thread at this stage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back