Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think it will be busy because whilst most of us might get vaccinated, the useless bloody French won’t be so travel will be disrupted again this year.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I agree it’s going to be very busy if restrictions are lifted for U.K Holidays but foreign travel is still limited .

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
It's still around August until the last group get their 1st dose so how can things open up earlier or are the youngsters expendable?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
They can (and will probably) make as many predictions as they like, just as for the type of weather to expect. Some will be right and most will be wrong.
I thought that news was supposed to look back rather than forward and dig out the facts. Maybe they've become so used to dealing with fiction that they've forgotten?

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We are presuming that we will stay in the UK until late summer at the earliest.
Therefore looking at joining either the Camping & Caravanning Club or the Caravan & Motorhome Club
Is there much of a difference between the two ?

Do they both have similar numbers of sites ?
One calls itself the 'friendly club' does this mean the other one is the 'Unfriendly club' ?
I get the feeling one is more family based and less 'formal' than the other, but I could be wrong.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I think the reasoning behind vaccination is that at some point enough people will have been done and the R rate goes so low that anyone not vaccinated will run very little risk. They can vaccinate the lower ages almost last.
That does not legislate for what the situation will be in any destination country, nor for what visitors to the UK bring in.

Say the UK is much much safer but Country A is still rampant with CV, would you still go even if vaccinated?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We are presuming that we will stay in the UK until late summer at the earliest.
Therefore looking at joining either the Camping & Caravanning Club or the Caravan & Motorhome Club
Is there much of a difference between the two ?

Do they both have similar numbers of sites ?
One calls itself the 'friendly club' does this mean the other one is the 'Unfriendly club' ?
I get the feeling one is more family based and less 'formal' than the other, but I could be wrong.
There are good and bad points for both clubs and I have found them equally friendly.

I use them both but Caravan Club is more flexible ie no deposit or charge for cancellation of bookings. They also have more modern facilities. They don't offer pitches without ehu on many sites so can work out more expensive in that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It's still around August until the last group get their 1st dose so how can things open up earlier or are the youngsters expendable?
Most of the holidaymakers who I see on sites are in the category of those who will have already been vaccinated by August. (Or so it's promised). If the schools and Unis are fully operational by August the 'kids' holidays will be restricted to non-term time. Sites at weekends will probably be very busy though.

Conrad J

Free Member
Jul 10, 2020
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 646
Exp
Since 1999.
Please don't let's all go crazy again once lockdown eased - even if vaccinated, one can possibly still carry and transmit the virus, also it's only about 70% effective.

There is a formula - multiply % of population vaccinated by % effectiveness of vaccine, and you get the size of population "protected." So say 50% adults vaccinated by summer X 70% effectiveness = 35%. Not a lot, keeping my mask and hand gel in use for time being.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Please don't let's all go crazy again once lockdown eased - even if vaccinated, one can possibly still carry and transmit the virus, also it's only about 70% effective.
That's very true. However, the 'experts' are anticipating that an increasing level of herd immunity will be a major step in reducing the pressure on the NHS, plus enabling businesses to open and the economy to grow.

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019

There is a formula - multiply % of population vaccinated by % effectiveness of vaccine, and you get the size of population "protected." So say 50% adults vaccinated by summer X 70% effectiveness = 35%. Not a lot, keeping my mask and hand gel in use for time being.
Where did the 70% come from . The are all quoting 85% plus

Conrad J

Free Member
Jul 10, 2020
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 646
Exp
Since 1999.
Where did the 70% come from . The are all quoting 85% plus
Oxford vaccine is 70%, expecting many of us will be offered that one as logistics easier, also Pfizer now having production problems.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was predicting this back in April (yes really!), I was talking to our holiday lodge site owner and we both agreed that once people were allowed to go away again then things would really ramp up and by heck they did! The bookings last year for just the months that they were operating (no change to prices) were bringing in a much, much higher income than they would have for the whole of a normal year! I think this is going to be the same again this year so hopefully, despite us being badly hit at present due to lockdown, once people can get away again, it's gonna go nuts!

We can't see us being able, or wanting, to go abroad anytime soon, even if we get the vacs here there will still be a lot of countries that won't be anywhere near our levels and as the vac isn't 100% guaranteed to give protection it's not a risk I want to take, not after all this time, so its likely to be the UK for us too ... assuming we can find somewhere to go of course that's not full to bursting (wild camping preferred!).

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Some tour operators who were selling foreign holidays mainly to Brits have changed there operations.

Villa Plus are starting to sell holidays to domestic holiday makers.

So instead of targeting just Brits to Spain. They are selling spain to the Spanish..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Staycation my arse, just get me that vaccination, and I'll be be in France before the days out, steak in gravelines at night :Smile: :Smile: (y):sun:
That’s the problem mate. They won’t let you in because the useless sods won’t have vaccinated their people.

The French are :swear2: useless.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It was announced this morning that all adults should be vaccinated by June.
(Alright! That's been reported in here. So I had a lie in, OK,)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back