Gone and done it!!! (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Just put a deposit down on a brand new Frankia i740 Plus. Feeling very anxious now hoping we've covered everything. Not slept properly for days and I'm sure I won't for a few more.

images

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
They look great vans, I've been in @Popeye and in my opinion it's one of the nicest and best quality vans I've been in. Not sure what model his is but I'm sure they're all the same standard of workmanship.

When do you get it

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Thank you Lorger. I think I've (we've) made the right decision but it was a hell of a lot of dosh so it better be right. It's the one with the rear lounge and drop down over cab. Dealer already had a manufacturing slot at Frankia and is able to make the changes we want so we should get it June/July.
images

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Congratulations on your purchase Dude.
We wish you many safe and happy travels in your new Motorhome.
We are of course a tad envious.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hey Dude, cracking van, I know they're not inexpensive but when the quality in all those vans you've admired over the years seems to be on a decline you will be absolutely bowled over at the quality of your van.

I originally ordered a Platin Plus 790 but ended up with the Platin Plus 850. It is all we could have wished for except for the length, I'm sure the 790 would have done just as well and I think you're 740 will too.

This is ours.......

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It is such a big step isn't it and such a load of dosh, I know all about those sleepless nights!
There is a lot of emotional investment too...however, it will be worth it.
Happy days ahead. :smiley:

Milk Tray Man

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2016
Gillingham, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Frankia I680BD
Exp
Since 2014
Well done, we did the deed at last years autumn show and spent the following weeks driving SMC nuts with questions about our new baby. But whilst hard, the hardest is waiting for the damn thing to arrive so we can use it...roll on May(y)

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Hey Dude, cracking van, I know they're not inexpensive but when the quality in all those vans you've admired over the years seems to be on a decline you will be absolutely bowled over at the quality of your van.

I originally ordered a Platin Plus 790 but ended up with the Platin Plus 850. It is all we could have wished for except for the length, I'm sure the 790 would have done just as well and I think you're 740 will too.

This is ours.......
Gorgeous van, and thanks for the reassurance. (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh a nice posh van. Don't know if they are allowed on the car park at Falkirk. LOL. Hey I've just had an idea...you could show it off for a £1 entry for the fundraising if you make the list and have the van. :D2

Congratulations and wish you lots of happy holidays in it. Now you need to think of a name :)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It's so exciting isn't it getting a new van. I wish we could do it every year but don't have the dosh to do it. Exciting times ahead, learning how new stuff works.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We sat and had a general nose around in one at a show last year and really liked the rear lounge. I'm sure you will have many happy hours in it. Congratulations

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Very Nice Dude, never seen that layout before (or maybe i am looking at a different model) the drop down i seen was 2 singles joined halfway up - Nice - The Dude Abides !

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Congratulations. They look like lovely vans. We'll be looking forward to a guided tour! Know what you mean about the sleepless nights. I panic about spending money, but I don't think you' ll regret it.
Ps. We've just arrived at Pinar.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Very nice(y)

Fantastic use of space ticking so many boxes; certainly one I would consider when the time comes to P/X our current M/H.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hope you enjoy it as much as we like our i680edg. We got ours June last year and love it, we came down in size from an auto trail chieftain

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi Dude
We are thinking about this one to .
Which dealer did you go to and have you part exchanged

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Hi Dude
We are thinking about this one to .
Which dealer did you go to and have you part exchanged
SMC are the only Frankia dealers in the UK so that's where ours is coming from. We have PXed our current van which we bought from SMC originally.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I was pleased to have the opportunity to see this M/H at the show. Both my wife and I were very taken by the layout and quality; certainly one that we would change our excellent Burstner for when the time comes.

Make sure you keep us updated once you take delivery.(y)

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Thank you all for your lovely comments - feeling a bit reassured now that we have made the right decision. Going to choose the soft furnishings, work and furniture surfaces on Friday - a nice girly job for a change.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi Dude thanks for the feedback we have bought the one in the showroom and part exchanged and pick up on the 20/3

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Hi Dude thanks for the feedback we have bought the one in the showroom and part exchanged and pick up on the 20/3
Oooooh! That's fabulous (y)(y)(y)(y)- we have to wait until July 'cos there were some options which we really wanted. Which one did you buy - the Platin or the white one? Do you intend to use the drop down bed configured as two singles or a double? We're going to use ours as two singles and I've yet to come up with a solution as to how I'm going to put bedding on given the ends of the singles are separate cushions. Any ideas?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just put a deposit down on a brand new Frankia i740 Plus. Feeling very anxious now hoping we've covered everything. Not slept properly for days and I'm sure I won't for a few more.

images
It is only money Dude don't worry about it......(y)

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Very exciting and like Dude, great choice.
If it's the silver one then apologies for trying the bed out with my shoes still on!:oops:
Look forward to seeing the pics(y)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Oooooh! That's fabulous (y)(y)(y)(y)- we have to wait until July 'cos there were some options which we really wanted. Which one did you buy - the Platin or the white one? Do you intend to use the drop down bed configured as two singles or a double? We're going to use ours as two singles and I've yet to come up with a solution as to how I'm going to put bedding on given the ends of the singles are separate cushions. Any ideas?
We have bought the white one our pockets are not deep enough for the silver one.
We intend to use the bed as a double.

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We went to look at the Dethleffs Grand Alpa a couple of weeks ago as we had seen & read very good reports about it, to have a rear lounge is a must for us.Stunning MH in just about every aspect. But we went to the NEC last weekend again to have a look but they didnt show one we were also looking at the Frankia models. WOW the I740 Plus blew us away, its everything & more. Our plan is when i reretire (sooner rather than later) to sell our house have the capital to buy the I740+ alter the bungalow which weve already bought (rented out at the moment) to how her in doors wants it, then take off for a year or two around Europe. To be honest id have the house on the market right now if i had my way,Im a self-employed plumber pushing 61, theres not a hope in hell im working to 67. Its keeping me awake now just thinking about being away in the Frankia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back