Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
My self i prefere the history of the northern part of Sweden, the Sami people. One of the best places to start learning about this is Ajjte museum (http://www.ajtte.com), for me it is the best museum in Sweden

Thank you Lundsholm. I would be very interested in the Sami people because of their Ice Age history and lifestyle. The museum is now on my list of places to visit!

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Welcome Lundsholm. I have family in Gnesta and have been there in our camping car. Stockholm is, indeed, very nice and we spent a couple of nights on the side of the harbour near where the island boats tie up. For the information of others here - IT IS FREE overnight.

I am now finalising the organisation of the second visit of our club members to the UK and it looks as though it is going to be over-subscribed. The UK does have many places of interest and all necessary information is available on the internet.

If you know which area(s) you would like to visit then just do a search on, for example Tourist Information Dorset (where Dorset is the name of the county of interest) and you find plenty to choose from.

I can also help with information for our area of France is you are interested.

Good luck,

J

OP
OP
Lundsholm

Lundsholm

Free Member
Feb 27, 2016
Sweden
Funster No
MH
Knaus Live Ti
Exp
Since 2011
Thank you Lundsholm. I would be very interested in the Sami people because of their Ice Age history and lifestyle. The museum is now on my list of places to visit!
If you go so far north, you should take one direction in Norway also. The coastline is amazing there, Lofoten, Rikkystveien and som many other places.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
WELCOME!! (y)(y)

Er, when you come over, I wonder if you could fetch me one of those 6' Swedish birds with long blonde hair? I always fancied making a Swiss role. :):)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
One thing I think no one should miss is Göta Kanal (www.gotakanal.se) this channel sweden built with help from England... Göta kanal has the last years made a lot of new places for MHs and is really good.
Just added that to our plans for this August. We are over visiting family near Göteborg at the beginning of the month with plans to explore further north & west once the children go back to school mid-month. We will return either down the middle of the country, or possibly down the east coast.

OP
OP
Lundsholm

Lundsholm

Free Member
Feb 27, 2016
Sweden
Funster No
MH
Knaus Live Ti
Exp
Since 2011
Just added that to our plans for this August. We are over visiting family near Göteborg at the beginning of the month with plans to explore further north & west once the children go back to school mid-month. We will return either down the middle of the country, or possibly down the east coast.

We prefre the west part between the lakes Vänern and Vättern. The start from lake Vänern at Sjötorp (Broken Link Removed) is the best end to se, and the most amazing part if you listen to people probably is (Bergs slussar Broken Link Removed). Then we also loves Forsvik (Broken Link Removed) and Borensberg (http://www.gotakanal.se/sv/171930/Kaffeteriet-Borensberg) to stay over night...

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
@Lundsholm Thanks for the info. I'll follow those links & see how much we can fit in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back