Rally Chat Going to Peterborough? Can you help? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our Rally Marshal Bill The Hat has been taken ill and has had to pull out of Marshalling Peterborough. So while we wish him well it leaves us needing some help. Especially on Thursday parking Funsters up.

If you can help us and are already attending the show you'll have your ticket money refunded, if you've not booked attend with us we'll get you tickets and be able to arrive on Wednesday.

All you'd be required to do is help on Thursday, thats the busy day, the rest of the time will be pretty much your own, we might ask you to help on with Sunday breakfast but thats about it.

If you can help, please shout (y) . Thanks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would offer Jim but parking N+B's up, sure somebody will be along(y)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
, sure somebody will be along(y)

Martin

Well I have till Monday lunch time to give 4 or 5 names to Warners. If I can't, then we wont have a rally area or Marquee and everyone will be in the mud with general camping.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are going to be there from Wednesday night as we are trading there. If you need me for anything that won't take too long just give me a shout.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Phew, that's a relief - it would be a nightmare for just 3 of us!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Could still do with one or two more though (y) . No one else fancy a free weekend at Peterborough, complete with free bacon rolls on Sunday!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Jim Eddie says we can do it if you want, only just seen this. :)

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
I can arrive Wednesday if you need help so long as no one runs over me when they’re getting parked.
Must remember correct hand signals!!

Veronica

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Jim, Only just read this . We are booked to arrive thurs about 10.00 am. Happy to help and could arrive on Wednesday if you need us,
Let us know
Cheers
Bernie & Rona

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks all, we have enough marshals now. But if anyone is at a loose end for an hour we always appreciate some help on the Funster refreshment stand, serving coffee, handing out flyers and chatting to Funsters. Anytime of the Friday Saturday or Sunday, its normally pretty busy throughout. Thanks in advance (y)

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I'll do a stint on the stand Jim and I'm sure the other girls will help out too. Do you have a rota?

mrgemr

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
Chester border with North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 years Motorhome, previously over 30 years Caravanning
Hi
Ive just seen this, hadn't made any plans.
My first meet with Motorhomefun was at Chester - Easter weekend just gone! I was a 'newbie' and a 'solo' - although a friend who lived locally asked to join me.
Everyone was so helpful and friendly - especially Carol from Harwarden - thanks all!!
I haven't had a chance to read about the show, have never attended this one but used to go to shows independently quite regularly,
I would be very happy to help if I can.
I do need EHU, is that a problem? (I know it costs and I'm happy to pay!)
I'll probably be solo but do have friends in the area so may become a Mhome plus 2 pax and again happy to pay on that basis.
I can arrive Thur late afternoon, but if arriving Wed would help, can probably re-organise my week to arrive Wed eve or Thur morning.
Please let me know if I can help in any way.
Ray

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ray, thanks for you offer but we have all the marshals now, You can still go to the show but if you need a hookup you need to speak to the organisers as the rally areas are always without electricity. We'll always accept some help on the stand so if you do get there please do volunteer, your offer will be gratefully accepted. (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@mrgemr Hi Ray nice to see you posting, thank you for your kind words about Chester. Look forward to seeing you at Peterborough though as Jim says there are no electric hookups on the Fun area and unfortunately I'm sure the allotted Fun area is booked up, but that does not stop you coming over and joining in. :)

mrgemr

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
Chester border with North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 years Motorhome, previously over 30 years Caravanning
I need a course to circumnavigate the website!! Do you offer a month's course in France or Spain (or Seychelles without the MHome) so I can find out how to send messages and more importantly acknowledge them and send a reply?!
Thanks Jim, I.m happy to pay and still help out! Is it feasible when I arrive and 'pay on the door' to request a pitch with Mtorhomefun if you have had a cancellation? Unless you can transfer a cancellation then I can repay them in full. I'm not sure how it works.
If not I'll go to the `hoi palloi' field to pitch up, and then see if I can walk across and be allowed to mingle with the MotorhomeFun congenti
('Accuse typos my UN predictable text is in full flow!!

Thanks for your reply Carol, I look forward to meeting up. (I hope nothing goes wrong, I was due to be flying to South Africa on Friday for three weeks!!!)

PS I'm going to cross fingers and go without Elec - first time in this Motorhome.

Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back