Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
This is a useful link
Unfortunate that it hasnt been updated since 9th as it has been updated frequently

It tells you what the situation is in all the different countries in terms of campsites open and rules of entry or expected entry

Thanks for posting a link to the very informative site (y) . It may not have been updated since the 9th but does include useful links to the relevant website for the countries authorities.

The following link takes you to the latest information available from the French Government; if you open it within Chrome it will auto translate.

Vacation advice within France

OP
OP
Woofer wills
Jun 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B514SL Gold ed
Exp
Fairly new to motorhome started early 2019
Some great info from you all and so it looks as if the earliest to go will be the second week in July from Portsmouth to Caen then maybe to see our friends near Limoges and over to the west coast La Rochelle coast area. Hopefully we will find some nice places to stay en route and things on site are reasonably open.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Some great info from you all and so it looks as if the earliest to go will be the second week in July from Portsmouth to Caen then maybe to see our friends near Limoges and over to the west coast La Rochelle coast area. Hopefully we will find some nice places to stay en route and things on site are reasonably open.
2nd week of July gives you loads of time to see what is forecast to occur to actually occur. It will also enable you to see La Rochelle coast rammed to the rafters with french tourists heading there for their holidays. Still possible to enjoy the beautiful area but it will be packed then

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
The weather’s pretty poor in France at the moment, by the way, particularly where we are currently on the Vendée coast. It’s been raining all night and continues to rain heavily now :(

Looking better for next week, though(y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Woofer wills
Another advantage of the Tunnel is that you stay in your vehicle. No having to brush past, or sit next to, a possible CV carrier.

If you are at risk, or simply cautious, it is worthy of consideration.

We have just booked the Tunnel today for 5th August to travel to our place in Burgundy. Not going until then purely for family reasons.

Have a good trip!

OP
OP
Woofer wills
Jun 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B514SL Gold ed
Exp
Of course while the FCO still advise not to travel non-essentially travel insurance won't cover you which needs to be considered. Never had problems before travelling but there is always sods law.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
The weather’s pretty poor in France at the moment, by the way, particularly where we are currently on the Vendée coast. It’s been raining all night and continues to rain heavily now :(

Looking better for next week, though(y)

It's been hot here today on the Vendee ! Not bright sunshine but around 23 degrees at least I reckon (local display said 22' at 4.30 this afternoon ) tries to rain every couple of hours then gives up after 2 or 3 mins.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
It's been hot here today on the Vendee ! Not bright sunshine but around 23 degrees at least I reckon (local display said 22' at 4.30 this afternoon ) tries to rain every couple of hours then gives up after 2 or 3 mins.
Yes, the weather for us has been great for the last few days, barring the odd shower. Hot and getting hotter according to the forecasts.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
has it been stated anywhere that travel to France will be open in July?
We can't go to France yet can we?
Please let us know if you make it and are allowed to stay.
It's open and 3 or 4 of us are here !!

Our campsite is filling fast for the weekend and we saw around 20+ motorhomes out and about in the roads today around St Jeans de Monts and surrounding areas, though sadly we were the only Brits we think. Also saw at least 100 Motorhomes parked up various aires. There are around 6 on the campsite we are on.

OP
OP
Woofer wills
Jun 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B514SL Gold ed
Exp
We have booked Plymouth Roscoff form Monday night 6th July and then going across to LeMans staying there a couple of nights in a site that is open, then across to some friends in Confelens for a couple of days, then who knows where in France for a couple of weeks then back to UK from an undecided port or Eurotunnel. Who knows what is going to happen in coming weeks after the Leicester situation so we think better go now for a while just in case Sept/Oct brings second big spike.

OP
OP
Woofer wills
Jun 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B514SL Gold ed
Exp
Hi

Has anyone arrived in France in their motorhome since the UK opened its borders from France without Quarantine? We should arrive in France tomorrow on the 7th and wondered if we will still have to technically Self Isolate for 14 days and hence stay in our motorhome.

Regards
ALAN

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hi

Has anyone arrived in France in their motorhome since the UK opened its borders from France without Quarantine? We should arrive in France tomorrow on the 7th and wondered if we will still have to technically Self Isolate for 14 days and hence stay in our motorhome.

Regards
ALAN
No need to quarantine, just enjoy and stay safe (y)

OP
OP
Woofer wills
Jun 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B514SL Gold ed
Exp
Thanks for the reply - On the France Gov site it is still saying that you will be asked to Self Isolate so presumably you were not asked ?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think it says you are "invited". It was a political issue rather than a scientific one. We crossed on the 18th June, French did not even look at our passports.

OP
OP
Woofer wills
Jun 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B514SL Gold ed
Exp
Well thats good to hear I hope we get similar treatment and hope you are enjoying your trip. This is our first trip in our Hymer abroad which will be a lot different to driving our car.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Hi

Regards
ALAN
take a look at the guinea pig thread. two of us went over on the day the border opened - and a few more have gone over since ! i think we may be the only ones who have returned and are currently quarantined ..... but it was well worth it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back