Going through the change of life.... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is it natural for a bloke..???????? :frowny:

I do love baking cake.

And try my hand at least once a week...

I like to be left alone to sort out the recipes and how to mix and bake........ So kitchen is a no go area when I have my apron on...:giggler:

Say it myself... I make a wicked Victoria Sponge that is so light and fluffy it just melts in your gob..:inlove:

Each baking session I usually bake some thing different...

Last weeks was a VERY rich fruit cake... more akin to a Xmas cake...

Tasted OK... but perhaps a tumbler full off "Brandy" was not such a good idea... should have kept to a couple of table spoonsful..:beerchug:.....:party2:

90% of my baking`s turn out alright the other 10% ends up in the dog or out on the lawn for the birds....:Eeek::rofl:

Tis no wonder me and her are loading on the pounds..... Bloody Covid19 has a lot to answer to....:frowny::giggler:

Anyway, this afternoons offerings....

A Walnut and Date Loaf...... The bit we tried after dinner seems nice...(y)

I am starting to worry about me.... especially at my age..:lips::hugs::*

Anyway, here is the finished article just out of the oven...

:dance2::france:
DSC01474 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01475 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01476 (600 x 450).jpg

Woops.... Thought I had clicked on the U-shaped lounge...:doh::blush:

Deleted User
Not just you, it was my supervisors birthday last week so I volunteered to cater. She wanted a 3 course lunch with profiteroles for desert. Had a go and smashed it, followed the receipe and out comes success! I'm now back in credit.
Just found the photo.....
IMG_20201123_143501.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When bananas go over ripe, soft and brown don't throw them away you can make a banana cake.
My favourite cake.
Takes too long....
Two slices of bread, one spread with peanut butter, the other with mashed banana.
Slap em together and cut in half... Job done then repeat with second half of banana.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
When bananas go over ripe, soft and brown don't throw them away you can make a banana cake.
My favourite cake.

That was one of the ones I tried a coupe of weeks ago..... Judy fancied one...

First time baking in the new "Ninja Foodi".... needless to say that one ended up out on the lawn..

Even the birds turned their noses up... ended up hosing it away... :blush:

It was "ORRIBLE".....:sicker:

So now I wont even try baking in the Ninja... :oops2:

Should rephrase the last 3 words of the top line... Cos that is all lies... :whatthe::giggler:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Not just you Mo.

During the pandemic I have been experimenting with bread making. All have been great except for Bara Brith, and I live in Wales

We put it on the bird table and most ignored it.

Those who ate it had to walk rather than fly for a week, it was so heavy.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I worry about you Mo, the more woman stuff you do, the lower your testosterone level gets and your balls start shrinking. It's a well known fact you know. Is that what made you think date and "walnut" cake?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
My dad took over the kitchen when he retired making cakes, he gave loads away, two little children next door were always after a cake, 😆 he used to make them and go round the old people's home giving them away and chatting, he would have loved to have been in there, but he had a few strokes and never got that far. 🙂
I just hope you don't make the mess he made Maurice, 😉 that was his only downside, 😁 took longer clearing up than cooking. :Eeek::rofl: Bob.

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Is it natural for a bloke..???????? :frowny:

I do love baking cake.

And try my hand at least once a week...

I like to be left alone to sort out the recipes and how to mix and bake........ So kitchen is a no go area when I have my apron on...:giggler:

Say it myself... I make a wicked Victoria Sponge that is so light and fluffy it just melts in your gob..:inlove:

Each baking session I usually bake some thing different...

Last weeks was a VERY rich fruit cake... more akin to a Xmas cake...

Tasted OK... but perhaps a tumbler full off "Brandy" was not such a good idea... should have kept to a couple of table spoonsful..:beerchug:.....:party2:

90% of my baking`s turn out alright the other 10% ends up in the dog or out on the lawn for the birds....:Eeek::rofl:

Tis no wonder me and her are loading on the pounds..... Bloody Covid19 has a lot to answer to....:frowny::giggler:

Anyway, this afternoons offerings....

A Walnut and Date Loaf...... The bit we tried after dinner seems nice...(y)

I am starting to worry about me.... especially at my age..:lips::hugs::*

Anyway, here is the finished article just out of the oven...

:dance2::france:
View attachment 444051View attachment 444052View attachment 444053

Woops.... Thought I had clicked on the U-shaped lounge...:doh::blush:

It occurs to me Mo that if you 'dis Judy one more time, you will know what' The change of life' means.
You will go from 'Life' to 'Death'

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Date and walnut cake.😋.My mum used to always make it.Delicious .I've been making pizza from scratch,Made a couple of loaves of bread. And ginger cake.I will have to have a go at Date and walnut cake.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Slice soft bananas place in pan with adequate amount of Demerara sugar and your favourite tipple, we use whisky or rum, and heat until sugar and spirit forms a syrup , plate up with a big dollop of ice cream or whipped cream and consume :tounge::tounge:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
sorry to get personal but may I ask about knitting needles. Am I better off as a beginner with long or short needles.
Depends on what you want to knit Alan, you can have a look at my stash nexttime we meet ;-)
Have lost the ability to use emoticons on fun

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Depends on what you want to knit Alan, you can have a look at my stash nexttime we meet ;-)
Have lost the ability to use emoticons on fun
Find Emoticons on google. Open 'Image' Right click on picture go to page on "Fun" press control and V
Having told Rosalie the above re knitting, she has decided to take up knitting again.
Sarcasm is dead!
1606517250272.png

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Has anyone got a really decent scones recipe?
The apparent secret is the use of "soor dook" (as was said in Edinburgh once upon a time (sour milk or cultured buttermilk these days)) to react with the baking powder to get a rise (plus an beaten egg if you had one, if not additional sour milk). Make your own sour milk by adding lemon juice to fresh milk and let it stand for around 20 minutes before using it.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Mo you do know that Milenco have the patent on MH ramps dont you?:rofl:
Have you moved into that new Bungalow in Toronto yet?, you move so fast these days, blink & I have missed it!
Hope you get an xmas card from HMRC for stamp duty payments over the last few years.(y)
I will sharpen up me teeth, and with a large mug of tea, give a go, as I love a date & walnut cake, makes you regular dont you know.:giggle:
Hope you are both well.
LES

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The apparent secret is the use of "soor dook" (as was said in Edinburgh once upon a time (sour milk or cultured buttermilk these days)) to react with the baking powder to get a rise (plus an beaten egg if you had one, if not additional sour milk). Make your own sour milk by adding lemon juice to fresh milk and let it stand for around 20 minutes before using it.
Easier just to get the mother in law to look at it. :)

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
Easier just to get the mother in law to look at it. :)
Can’t do that I’m afraid. She passed away many years ago but she was such a sweet lady that wouldn’t have worked. Now, my own mum, on a bad day.......I’ll say no more. 😆

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back