Going through Rouen - September (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Our first trip to France in a MH mid September. The bridge should be open in Rouen from tomorrow. How straightforward is it to get through Rouen late morning on a Tuesday assuming the bridge has opened? My past experience of navigating French cities is not too good.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
it can be a nightmare but sometimes as sweet as it depends if ya lucky or not if u want just divert round rouen

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Divert? What would be a recommendation?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Never found Rouen to be a problem, approaching from Calais or Dieppe. Where are you coming from?

Keith

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
DO NOT follow A28 all the way to Rouen. At Junction 11, follow A29 direction Le Havre / Caen "péage". Leave A29 at the next exit, signed A151 Rouen / Dieppe. Now follow toll-free A151 then A150 then N1338 to Rouen.
After crossing the Seine on the "Pont Flaubert", follow signs for A13. You join the Rouen south expressway: just follow it. Keep following signs for A13. Eventually you will have a choice between A13 Paris and A13 Caen. Follow A13 Paris if you are heading south, A13 Caen if you are heading for Brittany or Alençon.
You will join the A13 in the direction of Paris about a kilometer further north than you would otherwise have joined it. After than, you're back on the route.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Coming from Calais and heading towards Chartres. Currently planning our route using the about-france.com minimum toll route. Hoping the weather is bit better than the dreary day we are having today!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Even with the bridge open if I were heading south towards Chartres I would go via Pont de L'arche and pick up the N154 where it joins the A13 at Incarville.
Exit the N28 just before the Bridge at Rouen and head for the D6015.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Came through Rouen going North a few weeks ago and even with the bridge closed it was a doddle. Chinese Sat Nav took me through no problem. (y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Even with the bridge open if I were heading south towards Chartres I would go via Pont de L'arche and pick up the N154 where it joins the A13 at Incarville.
Exit the N28 just before the Bridge at Rouen and head for the D6015.

I would have to dissagree... For a first timer and if the bridge is open..
It's easy just to follow the signs for paris and that will lead straight on to the N154 and all duel carriageway.. 1 small toll where the A13 joins the N154 of around €2. nice and simple..

After arriving at Rouen and coming out all the tunnels, cross the bridge, stay right and the other side of river is a sharp right hand bend signed Paris.. Follow that alongside the railway lines, join motorway and then slip off signed to Evereux... Simple..

As it is now with the bridge closure then yes I am with you, head for pont de l'arche..

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I would have to dissagree... For a first timer and if the bridge is open..
It's easy just to follow the signs for paris and that will lead straight on to the N154 and all duel carriageway.. 1 small toll where the A13 joins the N154 of around €2. nice and simple..

After arriving at Rouen and coming out all the tunnels, cross the bridge, stay right and the other side of river is a sharp right hand bend signed Paris.. Follow that alongside the railway lines, join motorway and then slip off signed to Evereux... Simple..

As it is now with the bridge closure then yes I am with you, head for pont de l'arche..

These are perfect instructions, however make sure you STAY RIGHT after crossing the bridge and watch out for the SHARP RIGHT HAND BEND. We almost missed it and had to do a quick and very scary lane change.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Looking at Google Maps it seems that the right hand lane immediately after the bridge is the slip road turning right onto a road going north west and the next right hand lane (was the centre lane) is a loop right to go onto the same road but heading in the opposite direction (south east). I am assuming it is this turn that I need that takes you to a road that runs between the river and the railway.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Looking at Google Maps it seems that the right hand lane immediately after the bridge is the slip road turning right onto a road going north west and the next right hand lane (was the centre lane) is a loop right to go onto the same road but heading in the opposite direction (south east). I am assuming it is this turn that I need that takes you to a road that runs between the river and the railway.

Only doing this from memory, especially as the bridge has been closed for such a long tine. It may be second turn after the river but it is signed PARIS / ALL ROUTES and comes right after the first one, the first one may take you down and along the river... I note it as like Dude says it comes up real quick and the road turns quite sharp..
Currently in Sunny Benidorm and limited Wifi so cant check google maps.. Thats my excuse, anyway... lol

The route via pont L'arche is fine and the one more are using now, I came that way 3 weeks ago.. Case of having to do it with the bridge closed. Fine to save the small toll but does take longer...

Last edited:

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Went through on Sunday just gone, was a doddle, had sat nav set on traffic divert took us through edge of town then on towards signs for Evereux, but as tunnel be open you should be ok.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
If the bridge is open its a doddle why drive all the way around??? :eek:o_O

Anyway getting lost is all part of travelling and can make for great stories over a few beers with a bit of embellishment. (y);)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
DO NOT follow A28 all the way to Rouen. At Junction 11, follow A29 direction Le Havre / Caen "péage". Leave A29 at the next exit, signed A151 Rouen / Dieppe. Now follow toll-free A151 then A150 then N1338 to Rouen.
After crossing the Seine on the "Pont Flaubert", follow signs for A13. You join the Rouen south expressway: just follow it. Keep following signs for A13. Eventually you will have a choice between A13 Paris and A13 Caen. Follow A13 Paris if you are heading south, A13 Caen if you are heading for Brittany or Alençon.
You will join the A13 in the direction of Paris about a kilometer further north than you would otherwise have joined it. After than, you're back on the route.

This is definitely, the easiest and best way to get through Rouen, in both directions. I have used both bridges and IMO this is by far the better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back