Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Firstly thank you for all the various support I got over a post I put on about the MMM disabled suppliment.

No I never did get the email, even after saying so on the forum.. Same with no phone call.

Anyway, to day I was cleaning a model Z gauge railway board I have been building..always nearly finished 5 years on.. cobb webs and other bits and bobs removed with the help of the air compressor.

I came across where I had put various dates when I was building it and an odd quotes.. but I came across one I had written 4 years back and I thought I would share it with you.

'Disabled by the will of god

Handicapped by peoples ignorance'

Profound thought.... but even 4 years on it is still the same. Lots of lip services but little real action.

No offence ment to anyone, just sharing a thought.

Bob

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
like you said bob,handicapped by ignorance.yes through someone elses ignorance i am hadicapped,disabled.knackered,whatever you want to call it,still buggered.muz:Angry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yes Bob - I agree with you. You know the DDA/Equality Bill?

How come so many employers totally get away with breaching it?

Oh, hang on - I think I might know the answer to that one! - maybe it's because it drives the disabled to mental breakdowns, thus meaning they'd just as likely to be in a fit state to take em to a Tribunal as you your good self would, to run in the 100m at the 2012 Olympics?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I find it impossible to believe that a god willed your tragic misfortune on you, Bob... if he/she did... what sort of god would that be?

However, I find it totally believable that people's ignorance handicaps you...:Angry:

Spending some time travelling with Smudger...

a) made me furious at a huge range of inconsiderations which made life so un-necessarily difficult for him and...

b) ashamed of myself that I had never thought about these before...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back