Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Well my 5th wheel and truck arrived on UK soil thursday last

The US shippers failed to supply my contact details to the UK handler and took 5 days to answer his email for my details .

Got contacted on wednesday by Big Misters shipping of Felixtowe informing me that £30 per day storage starts on thursday!

Anyway thursday morning fax customs forms to them and by 2pm had customs clearance,good up on friday thinks me to collect .

Wrong it seems the woman dealing for the shippers in yank land has cocked up something and they wont release my truck & 5er until its sorted and the woman dealing had gone on holiday for a week so it seems like a trip to southampton is on the cards for tuesday i hope.

The storage cost now is down to the yank company so that will be a good kick up the rear for the woman dealing as it is deemed to be their fault why my gear is stuck on the docks but it dont help me as this weekend would have spent cleaning all the grime off it from being in storage for a year.

Ian & Doreen

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
glad it's getting sorted-----nothing seems to run as smooth as we would like it !!!!!
It will all be worth it in the end
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back