Gobsmacked (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We've been staying at a CC CL at Beal on the North Northumberland coast for 5 days now. Its a brilliant location a short distance from the causeway to Holy Island (Lindisfarne) brilliant for us being birders.

The CL has been quiet all week we've done the usual leaving our EHU lead and door mat on our pitch. The site owner also has a notice board with surnames allocated to pitch numbers and flip signs on each pitch staing vacant or reserved, simple system and no problems till tonight.:Angry:

We couldnt get off the island till 17.30hrs due to tide so it was almost dusk when we rolled in only to find a tugger complete with erected awning on our pitch. Not chuffed stopped and mister tugger appeared claimed site owner had changed names on board??? so he was the innocent party and it was only when another MH returned and told him site was occupied that he discovered our ehu lead and doormat.:Eeek: He did coil up ehu and lay it on my door mat on my new site:Angry:

I should explain I carry several leads and this was our very bright yellow short one so not easy to miss (10 metre as very close to ehu box) and I'd left it across front of pitch , he had not seen it according to his story, bo**ox says I. Only 1 pitch left so we had to set up in that and the 6 metre rule does not seem to apply here, its a corner site I'm 4 metres tops from corner of neighbouring MH. And just to rub it in my short ehu lead was too short so had to get out the mid range jobbee.

Its our last night and OH does not want me to make a fuss in case we are not allowed back. I still intend speaking to site owner in the morn and ask what happened.

Rant over:shout::shout::shout:

Last edited:

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
:Doh:in one respect it was good he did give you your lead back. one site i worked on i did hear of a caravanner picking up ehu lead and motorhome reserved sign and threw both in the hedge. there are some right ones out there.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
This is the second post concerning other 'campers' thoughtlessness or just plain stupidity / awkwardness. It reminds me of the time, many years ago when we were tugging, when we returned to site to find a tent set up with his guy lines tied to our grab handles - shame we were leaving very early the next morning!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
hello phil1946
thats just the tip of the iceburgh. loads of different stories i know of nothing surprises me on sites any more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back