Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
How do

Folks, whats the stuff you keep in your camper so its ready to go, minimising packing time when your are ready for the off ? Is there a thread already to point me to ?

Some stuff is obvious, like plates, toiletries etc but whats the less obvious stuff to keep permanently in the camper ?

We have a long list already, would like to add to it !

Carl

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Anything we use regularly in the van gets duplicated, electric toothbrushes, perfume, aftershave, pots pans, Chargers, in fact when we go away we take fresh food, iPads and top up the wardrobe lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Same as Eddie, only thing we have not duplicated is the dogs bed, oh and the dog LoL

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thats easy for us. Its all in there anyway we're house less but not homeless.
Not duplicates as such but a lot of' it'll come in handy' stuff.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
When we return from a trip all fresh food is taken indoors. We then take in the dirty clothes, bedding etc. so the washing machine gets hammered. Also crockery, cutlery and pots/pans get a go through the dishwasher. The non-perishable food, household stuff like shower gel, and toilet chemicals all get accessed and a shopping list made so that they soon get restocked for the next trip.

The things that aren't duplicated are our medication, clothes, ipads, laptop and the backup satnav. In the van we have her 'n' hers satnavs, by taking the one from the car.

Fairly regularly we have a sort out/cull of books, mags, CDs and DVDs.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
For us the only things that aren't permanently kept in the MH are fresh food, techy stuff (phones, iPads etc) and depending on the time of year clothes.

Upvote 0

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
The only things we take with us that aren't already in the van is fresh food and underwear
When we get home we take the dirty clothes out and put clean straight back in and change the bedding
We have two quilts
One in the van that we are using then one in the spare room we just swap them over and wash the dirty bedding
The van is always ready for the off at a moments notice
Water is always atleast a quarter full and diesel is half full

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Same as NicNic, clothes always returned to the van after laundering, and a stock of tinned food etc is always in. Even top up the dog food supply each time we return home. Other than the dog the only thing I have to remember is the techy bits, which are all kept in a peg bag anyway - just grab and go.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Fresh food and underwear, also drain off waste and water tanks at home. Bedding is stripped and laundered and bed made up again ready to go.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Anything we use regularly in the van gets duplicated, electric toothbrushes, perfume, aftershave, pots pans, Chargers, in fact when we go away we take fresh food, iPads and top up the wardrobe lol
Don't forget the beer and wine stocks!

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
The only things we take with us that aren't already in the van is fresh food and underwear
When we get home we take the dirty clothes out and put clean straight back in and change the bedding
We have two quilts
One in the van that we are using then one in the spare room we just swap them over and wash the dirty bedding
The van is always ready for the off at a moments notice
Water is always atleast a quarter full and diesel is half full
What's underwear...???

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well we only use 'double' bedlinen and quilt in the Moho, the bed at home is a king and we only have one bedroom - so both sets of bedlinen are in the Moho as are towels and beach towels and tea towels. Our 'crockery' in the van is in fact thin Arcopal (glass) so all spare teatowels are in the same locker as the crockery.

Then it's us and what we need/want and of course foodstuffs.

Upvote 0

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
We keep everything except the fresh food, techy stuff, the dogs and wine and beer. It's too much of a temptation to have our own off licence to raid on the drive so there'd be nothing left when we came to go away. :)

Upvote 0

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Same here. Van is always packed and ready to go except for anything fresh
Anything used or dirty is always replaced when we get home ready for next time

Upvote 0

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
I find diesel is a good idea. You can always wash the smalls in it too at a pinch.

Seriously though I don't leave anything in the van because I like to work from a list and it gets complicated if some is here and some is there, besides it's only a baby van.

Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Our bus is ready to go with minimum packing. I've got food in the larder - tins, rice, pasta, sauces, spices, cereals; cleaning and washing up stuff under he sink; The freezer has meat, burgers, sausages, bacon; The fridge has eggs, butter, beer, wine and I've a large kilner jar with a mix of garlic and herb butter I use in cooking; The bathroom is fully stocked with toiletries, perfume, aftershave and I even have basic make up so I don't need to take it from home and I have an rv set of straighteners. I'm ready to go at a minutes notice apart from clothes and fresh food for the fridge. It makes it so easy and means we use it all the time.

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
No. Doesn't seem worth it. If we Ade out and they want it they will take it. If we are in they will wait till we are out.

Upvote 0

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981

Ditto.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back