Rally Chat Go On You Know You Want To. Whats Stopping You (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok so you have perhaps saw meets that you fancied but for one reason or another can't either make it that weekend or its further than you fancy travelling. Answer:---Organise one if you can, Its really not that difficult once you have found the venue just advertise it and also shout "HELP"

I am delighted that since joining in 2013 and no meets in Scotland , last year saw several up here by myself and @Puddleduck and @normanandsue . Hopefully the upward trend will continue.

Any venues you have in mind, any help you think you might need shout up here.

Do you enjoy going to meets? Whats stopping you organising one?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It is quite satisfying when everybody goes home
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
happy.

Martin
Oh god I can see Ive got my work cut out with you already.....Disclaimer, you shall all be happy at your own risk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
To get back to the point of the post, as I see it anyway, Sandra is suggesting that its not that difficult organising a rally/meet and of course she is right.

So the question is still in the air.

Do you enjoy going to meets? Whats stopping you organising one?

Martin

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We only started attending rallies this year, we've enjoyed it, very friendly bunch and the value for money is excellent, don't think we'd have the time to commit to organising one though, I take my hat off to the people that do though, seems like a lot of work

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
When we went to our first rally we enjoyed it but thought we wouldn't ever run one! :shake: Now look what we've done https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...e-of-wight-day-trip-more-august-rally.161595/ - just a few Funsters! :giggle:
We started by helping out at meets & rallies, working as marshals next, then organising & running our festival meets (four which was a bit crazy :eek:) this year & now our first rally which is more of a responsibility. We have both worked as volunteers over many years so it seemed to be a natural progression. We have learnt so much through this process & made many new friends so would recommend this route. Yes it can be very hard work & time consuming but seeing everyone enjoying themselves & often making new friends makes it all worth it (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And I'd just been to a couple of rallies and meets and jumped (was pushed by someone who will remain nameless) right in!

As an organiser the main thing was to find a venue, pick a date and then ask people to come along. There is NO necessity to organise any entertainment or anything else so a rally can be as easy to organise as booking a venue where people pay direct to the venue and keeping a list of names.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And I'd just been to a couple of rallies and meets and jumped (was pushed by someone who will remain nameless) right in!

As an organiser the main thing was to find a venue, pick a date and then ask people to come along. There is NO necessity to organise any entertainment or anything else so a rally can be as easy to organise as booking a venue where people pay direct to the venue and keeping a list of names.
I think you are 100% right puddleduck(y) if anybody want to organise something the important thing it that they are happy with what and how they are organising it then just add funsters and alcohol and what could go wrong.

I have organised 3 rallies/meets so far and I have thoroughly enjoyed them all, there is no point in organising something and then not enjoying it, there is always loads of help on hand if you want it, cooking bacon, taking money, doing quizzes/music/karaeoke town walks and tours etc etc.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back