Go Box - post pay with American Express (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
We've just passed through Austria on our way to Croatia.

We picked up our Go Box at a German Service Station on the motorway about 20km before Salzburg.

I saw the signs on the motorway telling me I could pick up a Go Box at the next service station but when we turned off I could see no further signs. Popping into the Petrol station I was told just to ask at the counter.

The lady spoke faultless English. I explained I want to postpay and not preload the Go Box. She explained that only Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards issue in Austria were allowed but they would accept American Express or Diners Card !
I had neither so I explained where we planned on going and she recommended loading with €95 plus €5 for the Box.

As we approached the Slovenian border the GO Box started to double beep indicating I was running low on credit.

I ended up calling in and asking them to check my Go Box and asking them if I had enough to get to the border. It turned out I had €15 left and they said that I would have enough.

In Slovenia I called into the first Sevice Station after the Karawanken Tunnel and armed with my V5 I proceded to get a Dars Go only this time they’re had run out!
I was asked where I planed on going and charged €40 each way. I was then given a form informing me I was registered and I could travel without a Dars Box.

In both Austria and Slovenia there asked about emissions and there is a discount for Euro Cat 4 and above. Our V5 was blank in the emission Catagory and I explained our Motorhome was 11 years old - the Slovenian lady laughed and said I had a Euro Cat Zero!!

When we go off the motorway before crossing into Croatia we were pulled over. When we should them the letter/form we were waved on.

The silly thing is I worried so much about the whole Go Box / Dars Box before going at it really was very easy .
On our way back we will have more time so we'll try and avoid the toll roads but if we do end on on a Go Box Road I won’t stress.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
We've just passed through Austria on our way to Croatia.

We picked up our Go Box at a German Service Station on the motorway about 20km before Salzburg.

I saw the signs on the motorway telling me I could pick up a Go Box at the next service station but when we turned off I could see no further signs. Popping into the Petrol station I was told just to ask at the counter.

The lady spoke faultless English. I explained I want to postpay and not preload the Go Box. She explained that only Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards issue in Austria were allowed but they would accept American Express or Diners Card !
I had neither so I explained where we planned on going and she recommended loading with €95 plus €5 for the Box.

As we approached the Slovenian border the GO Box started to double beep indicating I was running low on credit.

I ended up calling in and asking them to check my Go Box and asking them if I had enough to get to the border. It turned out I had €15 left and they said that I would have enough.

In Slovenia I called into the first Sevice Station after the Karawanken Tunnel and armed with my V5 I proceded to get a Dars Go only this time they’re had run out!
I was asked where I planed on going and charged €40 each way. I was then given a form informing me I was registered and I could travel without a Dars Box.

In both Austria and Slovenia there asked about emissions and there is a discount for Euro Cat 4 and above. Our V5 was blank in the emission Catagory and I explained our Motorhome was 11 years old - the Slovenian lady laughed and said I had a Euro Cat Zero!!

When we go off the motorway before crossing into Croatia we were pulled over. When we should them the letter/form we were waved on.

The silly thing is I worried so much about the whole Go Box / Dars Box before going at it really was very easy .
On our way back we will have more time so we'll try and avoid the toll roads but if we do end on on a Go Box Road I won’t stress.
And isn't it worth it just not to have the stress and worry, and go on whatever road you choose. We are in Slovenia at the moment after 6 weeks in Croatia. I hope you enjoy as much as we did. Take care.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back