Go And Be Angry Somewhere Else! (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
As a relatively new member who has come over from 'the other one' for some civility, I have been a bit disappointed with the same old cr*p. I would hate to see a completely sanitised forum, but it's depressing and tiring to read stuff here quite often, especially certain threads coming up from the lounge. To save my sanity, I don't open those, but the titles are enough to make you think this is a forum for the BNP. In any case, I've been looking in less and less.
So much good stuff to offer here, and some wonderful, helpful members, but if certain members wish to exercise their right to continuous hateful diatribes, why not start your own forum and leave the rest of us to to our delusions of global peace, love and understanding - as related to motorhoming, of course:).

you can remove the lounge from view..I did early on as found a lot of it disgraceful + inappropriate on what I like to think is a friendly, informative motorhome/travel/Meet agenda...

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Oooh yes please ;);) missus

As for argumentative threads since I started an Ignore List I now see very few of them as its the same ones doing it most of the time. Occasionally a new trouble maker comes along usually from the Dark Side but after a few reads you can soon spot them and then they go on the Ignore List as well.

Lifes too short and far too much fun waiting to be had.:):)

Who said that?;)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
You trying to start an argument? ;) All I said was that if they didn't have carrots in then I wasn't going........ :D:D

Extra :D(y);) just so everyone knows that it is a joke between us :)

That's strange, the last time I was down that way an had a Cornish an too many Pint's I was Ill and I'm sure there was Carrots init!!!:sicker::worried:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Must admit, I have been close to the edge a few times.. Not since retiring though so I am pretty sure I know why I occasionally became a keyboard hero in the past..
Stress...

Coming on to Fun is a magical way to get things in to perspective and used to take my mind of idiot customers, crappy suppliers, scammers and all the other things associated with running a small one man band. But yes, sometimes I have done some spleen venting ..

In the past several months though, the need to give vent to unwanted feelings of anger and frustration have diminished to almost zero and it is nice to be able to sit back and chill.

So what ?
Well........ for me, back then, I felt very at home on here ( as I always have done and hopefully always will do ! ) ... And it was proly more a case of venting in the comfort of friends and those that know me than anything else.

One thing.. I was taught many many MANY years ago that if I felt put out enough to put pen to paper, write or type what I have to say, and save it until the following day.. If it was worth posting yesterday it will still be worth posting the following day.. but almost always the anger has gone and I can see someone else's point of view far clearer..

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Its only a tiny minority of threads, but I'm really not happy with the way some threads are developing these days, and its not just with new members "coming from facts" some include longer standing members who really should know better. By all means have a good debate, but please, argue nicely.

If you can't be nice then please don't post here. When you click the post reply button, YOU SHOULD BE SMILING! if you're not, if you really feel like venting and having a pop at others; go and be angry somewhere else. Miserable motorhomers are not welcome here. Thanks - and keep smiling :)
:oops2::hi:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Frentchy.
Carrots !!? A mate i was out with one night was taken...."Ill?" When things calmed down,he was supported by two of us,he said..

"Look for my heart,it's in there some where."
Well, thats good night from me,and good night from him LOL!
...........Off Topic ?............ Nah!!
Tea Bag

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi Frentchy.
Carrots !!? A mate i was out with one night was taken...."Ill?" When things calmed down,he was supported by two of us,he said..

"Look for my heart,it's in there some where."
Well, thats good night from me,and good night from him LOL!
...........Off Topic ?............ Nah!!
Tea Bag

you want off topic? ..here you go!

bum - Copy.jpg

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Its only a tiny minority of threads, but I'm really not happy with the way some threads are developing these days, and its not just with new members "coming from facts" some include longer standing members who really should know better. By all means have a good debate, but please, argue nicely.

It often appears, to me, to be down to some folk equating 'different' with 'wrong'.

L x

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Would members be having these heated debates and hijacking threads. conversations. if they were in the same field face to face
as against behind a screen
In my case even more so , not being over educated in writing , sometimes my comments come out slightly different than I am trying to say, then others take the huff instead of just answering my point , if I was talking to someone face to face I would get my point over better, and as to every post having to be fun, why , ok motor homing is fun , but other topics that get aired on here are sometimes far from funny, that's life I'm afraid.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Would members be having these heated debates and hijacking threads. conversations. if they were in the same field face to face
as against behind a screen
yeah why not? would you.? SMILEY

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am going to put Jim on my ignore list so that he can't tell me off(y)

Can you get a PM from someone on your ignore list and if so does any content show?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I haven't got anyone on my ignore list at the moment.

By the end of the Rugby World Cup I might be adding Jim, eddievanbitz, NicNic, JohnP10, BobanddebsMcKay, Popeye, Dux, and every other England supporter / p taker that comes along.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies

If you can't be nice then please don't post here. When you click the post reply button, YOU SHOULD BE SMILING! if you're not, if you really feel like venting and having a pop at others; go and be angry somewhere else. Miserable motorhomers are not welcome here. Thanks - and keep smiling :)
Just a thought Jim, When you Put a :)on this Post, were you Smiling, and no fibbing :):):):):whistle:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

By the end of the Rugby World Cup I might be adding Jim, eddievanbitz, NicNic, JohnP10, BobanddebsMcKay, Popeye, Dux, and every other England supporter / p taker that comes along.
That's most of the people on here, Chris......

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009

So Chris do I take it you won't be volunteering to be in my "rugby against dv" raising awareness team on the 3rd October I understand England will be playing Australia.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back