Go And Be Angry Somewhere Else! (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its only a tiny minority of threads, but I'm really not happy with the way some threads are developing these days, and its not just with new members "coming from facts" some include longer standing members who really should know better. By all means have a good debate, but please, argue nicely.

If you can't be nice then please don't post here. When you click the post reply button, YOU SHOULD BE SMILING! if you're not, if you really feel like venting and having a pop at others; go and be angry somewhere else. Miserable motorhomers are not welcome here. Thanks - and keep smiling :)

Last edited:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
hi jim all you need is love and to be welsh, if we open our eyes tomorrow, smile one more day as a happy funster and who the hell is hiding the sun lol still lol dark in Swansea now

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I am glad you spoke up Jim. It is a trend I have noticed too but assumed the folk involved knew each other really well. I have sometimes wanted to reply to a thread but been aware that it might get taken the wrong way and start a row (tirade). Thank goodness for smiley faces (though I do pick the wrong one sometimes):eek:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
FLY THE FLAG

Misery.jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Its only a tiny minority of threads, but I'm really not happy with the way some threads are developing these days, and its not just with new members "coming from facts" some include longer standing members who really should know better. By all means have a good debate, but please, argue nicely.

If you can't be nice then please don't post here. When you click the post reply button, YOU SHOULD BE SMILING! if you're not, if you really feel like venting and having a pop at others; go and be angry somewhere else. Miserable motorhomers are not welcome here. Thanks - and keep smiling :)
This has not come at a good time for Chris on day three....:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Well said Jim, i also have noticed the angry and sometimes downright nasty posts getting out of hand, i also came from facts to get away from that type of nastyness and ill feeling. Now keep up with an incident free day 3 and remember Google is watching :), when i gave up the dreaded weed many years ago i bought my first camper van with what i saved in the first year, as well as feeling and smelling alot better you will find that your taste becomes more sensitive so watch your waistline lol :).
Cheers Andy

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016

That's a bit strong Jim. All I said was that the pasties at Carnon Downs wouldn't have carrot in.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I'm sure we all find Fun a fantastic resource. I find 99% of the posts informative, interesting and / or funny. There are plenty of very witty people on here, I sometimes get told off by SWMBO for unauthorised laughing. ;).

Just occasionally though the handbags come out and people get carried away with posters seemingly having to respond to some imagined slur.

Overall though, considering there are so many thousands of us Funsters, we get along pretty well.

Paul

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
wow, I thought this was an old thread, is Facts still going? Certain things in life need two to tango, such as making babies, synchronised swimming and war. It doesn't always take two to argue but its sometimes fun watching people argue with themselves so leave em to it, don't join in :)

Highwayman1

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autohomes
Exp
Since 1980 on & off
; go and be angry somewhere else.
I absolutely `adore` this title and support the premise wholeheartedly. I joined MHF for quite a few reasons but mainly because it seemed a homely, informative and light hearted site for like minded people. Encouraging others to contribute to `threads` will widen our knowledge if as individuals (and members of the motor-homing community), we are not narrow minded. Disagreement does not mean that we have to always resort to personal attack or dismissal of others experience or position on a subject. We are individuals after all and we make decisions every second of everyday in our lives.
Me ? I have very many things that I am angry at currently, but they are for me to deal with in a private, directly targeted way. They are extremely stressful to my 12 year old son and myself. He and his brother rely on me, and I on them. That is family.
MHF is (a kind of) family and that's the way I like it. :)

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i think another point worth mentioning [and is the reason, in some cases, for starting off some of the conflict ! ] is that when someone posts a specific question. instead of answering it , certain people choose to hi jack the thread and air their own personal views ! an example of this would be say, a question posted over which 12v tv to buy would result in numerous replies questioning why the OP has even bothered to get a motorhome in the first place if all hes going to use it for is to watch coronation street/emmerdale in !! im sure some, [esp newbies] are put off straight away !! having been a motor trader for 4 decades, i am perfectly capable and willing to engage in banter or a full blown ruck with any one but not everyone is as thick skinned [ or thick headed some days] as me . regards garry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back