Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
I asked my local garage to change the heater plugs on my MH and he declined saying they were rusted and he was liable to damage the engine if he tried to take them out, what do you members advise?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
An ex work colleague of mine now earns his living removing glow plugs from Mercedes Sprinter and Vito vans. He has some fairly sophisticated equipment and is mobile but Brechin is a bit of a hike from Carlisle, although I do know he does work in Glasgow occasionally. I can get you his details if you’re stuck and fancy a trip to Cumbria ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mick James

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
The change was part of a service. The MH starts at the turn of the key this time of year, but I bought it in January and it struggled on cold mornings but eventually started with a plume of dark smoke from the exhaust but settled after a few seconds.

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
An ex work colleague of mine now earns his living removing glow plugs from Mercedes Sprinter and Vito vans. He has some fairly sophisticated equipment and is mobile but Brechin is a bit of a hike from Carlisle, although I do know he does work in Glasgow occasionally. I can get you his details if you’re stuck and fancy a trip to Cumbria ?

Ooh, the Mercedes black death syndrome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Get a tin of SNIFF......(easy start). (y)(y)

And before 8000 mechanics and 20,000 environmentalists and non-smokers jump in,.......................

JOKE!:)

Reactions: JJ
Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Yep that’s him, Extract Engineering. He got the locking wheelnuts off my son’s car after he’d lost the key. Tell him Jock sent you :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back