Cholera
Clostridium difficile
Dysentery
Typhoid fever
Vibrio parahaemolyticus.
E-coli
Campylobacter.
Salmonella

A few nights/weeks in hospital should cure these. Indeed, most will have a very positive effect of helping with weight loss.

On second thoughts, maybe gloves are a good idea. If I really wanted a bout of any of these, I'd sign up for a weeks cruise.:LOL:

I take it you never use public toilets? Never touch anything that someone else has touched? Always wear gloves?
Never touch money?:)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Nothing to worry about really except perhaps

Cholera
Clostridium difficile
Dysentery
Typhoid fever
Vibrio parahaemolyticus.
E-coli
Campylobacter.
Salmonella

A few nights/weeks in hospital should cure these. Indeed, most will have a very positive effect of helping with weight loss.

On second thoughts, maybe gloves are a good idea. If I really wanted a bout of any of these, I'd sign up for a weeks cruise.:LOL:

Does this mean anilingus in the motorhome is not recommended?? :)

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Irrational I know, but I border on OCD for hand washing.
Screenshot_20190126-110727.png

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
But you would to wipe someone else's arse
Tbf, it depends who's arse needs wiping. I think some of the supermodels wouldn't be short of volunteers
Perhaps not the right comment for a family forum

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Nothing to worry about really except perhaps

Cholera
Clostridium difficile
Dysentery
Typhoid fever
Vibrio parahaemolyticus.
E-coli
Campylobacter.
Salmonella

As long as I can't get a cold

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Blimey Steve @OldAgeTravellers, now 6 pages.
I'm in the bare hands camp & wash them after. I cringe when I see mainly the French with their gardening gloves then poke them back in with the casstte and next time they empty use the same gloves festering in all sorts of bacteria.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I'm in the bare hands camp & wash them after. I cringe when I see mainly the French with their gardening gloves then poke them back in with the casstte and next time they empty use the same gloves festering in all sorts of bacteria.
Yeah and I bet a lot more s**t to come

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Yes absolutely amazing, never had such a popular thread with anything sensible, but it is about toilets, the most discussed part of a Motorhome. And..........YIPEE....... I made it onto Jims weekly round up with it.
Steve

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I'll ask the Wife what she wears on her hands when she goes to empty it - and get back to you later ........
MrA would have to say the same thing.:whistle:
Irrational I know, but I border on OCD for hand washing.
Same here, when I framed pictures for a living I was obsessed with keeping my hands clean as there is ALWAYS natural oil on your skin, I made my hands sore.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Well I'd guess like most things it's each to their own. I cannot understand why anyone would want to empty the cassette without gloves, however I'm not critical of those that do. Each to their own.

Mick
I don't need gloves - I don't put my hands inside it. I suspect the outside is no more germ-laden than the average (clean) public lavatory. I don't wear gloves there either. In both cases I wash my hands.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's like the guys who wash, wash and re-wash the cassette out 20 times !!
Drives me mad.. :mad: 2 mins later its back in the van and someone is filling it up again.. :doh:

Tip, quick flush and go (y)
In my case tip & go (y).

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
But you would to wipe someone else's arse

Well. Two sons and 6 Grandkids?.

The smell from the tank was horrendous
Put me off dinner everytime

The local Sewer and Drain expert, drinks in my "local". He has been seen eating his "snap" in his cab after dealing with a particularly "messy" situation more than once!. Reckons he`s NEVER had any bowel issues as a result. Mind he drinks more that enough Cider to mask it?.

Where there’s muck there’s money.
John.

Or as they say In`t Gods Country. "weer tha`s muck, thears Brass".(y)

Brings a memory back to me many years ago my grandparents lived in a back to back terraced house down RIpon st in Hull .There was only one way in or out which was the front way.The dry toilet(no water or drain) a large tin tank which had to be carried through the house to empty into a cart every two weeks.One particular week when carrying the tank through the house on the bin mans shoulder the rotten bottom fell out and all the efluant dropped out onto the living room floor and furniture .The council came to there aid 2 Days later sending 2 men to clean up .After the clean up they were awarded £8 .16s compensation .for a new coconut mat and a rug.My father went to watch the clean up as our grandparent were stopping at our house .When he came home he told us he was disgusted because the cleaners did not wear gloves ,No mention of the furniture and carpets .Them were the days lol.

Similar to the "back to backs" on Hessle Road. They guys where known as "night soil" Men. My Gran used to put newspaper down from the front door to the backyard, for them to walk on and if she got a tiny drop on the floor?, By God did they get the edge of her tongue!. BTW, did you know all the waste went on the land around HULL and the farmers ploughed it in with the animal waste as Fertiliser. You could tell where, when the tomato plants came up in the fields!.

Also? Question, How do people with Hemmeroids deal with their affliction?.

Aug 17, 2017
Funster No
MH
PVC - AT Tribute T-670
Exp
Does make you smile doesn’t it, especially the poor logic. “Knitted gloves!” Please!! Guaranteed to harbour any nasties. If squeamishness or a hygiene fetish are really central, then use disposable surgical grade gloves and antibacterial, preferably alcohol-free, wipes for the cassette. For me, I don’t bother with the gloves and just get on with it followed by a blob of antiseptic gel and a good hand washing. Can’t argue with wiping the cassette down and the wipes work well on people too but all to be done BEFORE touching anything else. Tricky! Lol.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
there are much worse jobs, cleaning up after the dog who has the runs .... YUK!!!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
farmers ploughed it in with the animal waste as Fertiliser. You could tell where, when the tomato plants came up in the
Hi.
Emptied a Sewage pond once, (It gets really..Liquid..in the middle) Tipped it up at a Farm up near Middleton/Wirksworth,you could tell then when the Tomato plants started growing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. There was a sharp bend and a bit of a pinch to go up past the Rising Sun pub,the "Liquid " stuff,slopped over the back board onto the road. A very irate chap came out and shouted...... Went back in when i told him there was more to come and he was getting his......OWN back:whistle::whistle::whistle:
Tea Bag..(We did clean up after(y))

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Brings a memory back to me many years ago my grandparents lived in a back to back terraced house down RIpon st in Hull .There was only one way in or out which was the front way.The dry toilet(no water or drain) a large tin tank which had to be carried through the house to empty into a cart every two weeks.One particular week when carrying the tank through the house on the bin mans shoulder the rotten bottom fell out and all the efluant dropped out onto the living room floor and furniture .The council came to there aid 2 Days later sending 2 men to clean up .After the clean up they were awarded £8 .16s compensation .for a new coconut mat and a rug.My father went to watch the clean up as our grandparent were stopping at our house .When he came home he told us he was disgusted because the cleaners did not wear gloves ,No mention of the furniture and carpets .Them were the days lol.
My grandfathers cottage had a twin seat thunder box that was dug out by the corporation once a month, we used to sing this to the tune of no place like home,
The corporation muck cart was full up to the brim ,
The driver fell in backwards and said he could not swim,
He sank to the bottom just like a little stone ,
And then began to whistle theirs no place like home.

Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
I'm shocked
Doesn't everyone wear marigolds when wiping their arse !!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The night soil men were called honey men around here, they drove the honey wagon.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back