Apr 15, 2008
Padfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
Hi it's Marie (penelopepitstop) using Rex's lappy!:roflmto:

Just heard via Facebook - Glossop Caravans is on fire! About 20 odd caravans gone up so far - waiting to hear more!:Sad:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi Marie n Rex

Don't know if its true or not, But if it is you'd better get your butts over here as it'll be a lot hotter than there in Spain::bigsmile:

Graham
Thats oneway of making a profit in a recession:Eeek:

OP
OP
Black Five

Black Five

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2008
Padfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
They could chuck some snow on it. :roflmto::roflmto:

Well by all accounts there's plenty of the white stuff in Glossop at the moment!

Graham - your last comment is not far from my own thoughts!!! :roflmto:

Heard there's been a big explosion - don't know any more details at the moment!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi it's Marie (penelopepitstop) using Rex's lappy!:roflmto:

Just heard via Facebook - Glossop Caravans is on fire! About 20 odd caravans gone up so far - waiting to hear more!:Sad:

.......and i can think of at least 6 members of my friends and close family who wont be shedding too many tears I'm afraid.:Blush:
Thankfully, I've never had the dubious pleasure of dealing with them myself but from waht I've heard from sooooooooooo many different people, i count my lucky stars!

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
I wonder when the Smoke Damage Sale will be :ROFLMAO:

aaronwelch

Free Member
Dec 22, 2009
Funster No
I thought exactly the same thing as a lot of people as i bought my van from glossop caravans and had nothing but trouble.Then i realised it is the service centre which is completely different site to the sales pitch and all the vans belong to customers.:Sad:

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
It might be one of the Customers who cant afford the Repayments on their Van ?

aaronwelch

Free Member
Dec 22, 2009
Funster No
i had nothing but problems with my van in and out for work for problems they said didn't exist so if someone had same problem after spending say £16k they're going to be disgruntled.but i wouldn't go to the exterme of causing a fire.i just told them i was coming for my money back and would get it by force if need be and wouldn't leave til i got it.they didn't want me causing a stink in the sales office.which i would've

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
i had nothing but problems with my van in and out for work for problems they said didn't exist so if someone had same problem after spending say £16k they're going to be disgruntled.but i wouldn't go to the exterme of causing a fire.i just told them i was coming for my money back and would get it by force if need be and wouldn't leave til i got it.they didn't want me causing a stink in the sales office.which i would've

If only More People had the same Bottle as You :thumb:

aaronwelch

Free Member
Dec 22, 2009
Funster No
i was furious and i think they new i wasn't messing about.other than that i have a nice tempremant but i was like a dog with a bone.

Merry christmas to everyone::bigsmile:

Boadicea

Free Member
Mar 1, 2008
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Glossop caravans fire

Some photos Link Removed.

Seems the main A57 is closed as a result so there won't be much moving in or out of Glossop today.

Graham

Yep, hubby just tried to go that way. Smoke still rising from the building apparently and the investigators are going in.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
So is it the new service centre at Woolley Bridge and not the main sales area at Brookfield?

I've seen that posted on another forum but I'm not sure. According to the BBC Here the A%7 is closed between Shaw Lane and Wooley Bridge, which suggests it is the sales area.

Also, some of those photos I referred to earlier are apparently taken from Cottage Lane and the Trans Pennine Trail on the Gamesley side of Glossop Brook.

Graham

P.S. Marie you got Fun a mention on the Virtual Glossop web site

Last edited:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I've seen that posted on another forum but I'm not sure. According to the BBC Here the A%7 is closed between Shaw Lane and Wooley Bridge, which suggests it is the sales area.

Also, some of those photos I referred to earlier are apparently taken from Cottage Lane and the Trans Pennine Trail on the Gamesley side of Glossop Brook.

Graham

P.S. Marie you got Fun a mention on the Virtual Glossop web site

I'm getting confused Graham! There's mention of Woolley Bridge being affected but that's a bit far from the sales area and Anthony McKeown's photos do look like the sales area!

All will be revealed!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm getting confused Graham! There's mention of Woolley Bridge being affected but that's a bit far from the sales area and Anthony McKeown's photos do look like the sales area!

All will be revealed!

There is a notice on the Glossop caravans web site which refers to the location being their "seven acre site in the heart of Glossop". Apart from teh fact they are nowhere near the heart of Glossop I think that suggests it is the main site rather than the new service centre.

According to the Advertiser web site "Initial reports were that a warehouse was alight, but crews also discovered that an adjacent shop was also ablaze", so that points to the accessory shop and warehouse next to it.

At least David Jones won't have to scrat around for his lead story in the Chron this week :Smile:

Graham

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just seen on another forum that "the buildings that have gone up include the service centre that services caravans that people are in the process of purchasing, the awning sales room and the spares shop".

The separate service centre for tourers at Wooley Bridge roundabout isn't affected.

Graham

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Convenient in this financial climate (that the cynical side of me showing:roflmto:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back